Xingang to beijing private tours for cruisers information needed

Komoka Kruzers

Does anyone have any information on availability, pricing and quality of private tours and tour operators for cruisers arriving in Xingang who wish to go to Beijing and avoid the high prices and the bus crush of the tours offered by the cruise lines?

BTW we are on the Volendam leaving from Vancouver September 23/09 and will be onboard through to Hong Kong.

We would consider forming a small group in order to reduce the costs.

Does anyone have any information on availability, pricing and quality of private tours and tour operators for cruisers arriving in Xingang who wish to go to Beijing and avoid the high prices and the bus crush of the tours offered by the cruise lines?

BTW we are on the Volendam leaving from Vancouver September 23/09 and will be onboard through to Hong Kong.

We would consider forming a small group in order to reduce the costs.

We are also on the Volendam. We have arranged a private tour to Beijing with another couple. The company is China Travel Key. It is a two day tour with hotel in Beijing - Holliday Inn Crown Plaza. It is a lot cheaper than taking the tour off the ship. If you are interested, let me know. Want to keep the group very small - six at the max.

During our two day stay in Beijing while on the HAL Amsterdam we booked the overnight tour with Tansy at http://www.beijingservice.com.

We were able to customize our tour and everything worked out very well. They have different sized vehicles available depending on the size of your group. Of course, the larger the group, the less it costs per person.

The only thing that was a problem was that for the pickup at the Tianjin port the tour vehicle was not allowed inside the gates of the port but it was a very short walk to the other side of the gate. This situation may have changed and it would be worth checking out no matter which company you use. We did not use the hotel that was originally suggested by the tour company (Prime Hotel) but instead went to the Regent which was fabulous. Right now the hotels are offering great deals because occupancy has dropped considerably due to world economic conditions. For a really nice medium-priced hotel you might check out the SunWorld which is in a great location very near the Regent.

We are also arranging a private two day tour with the Company in Shanghai and a one day tour in Dalian. Are you interested in these tours as well. So much cheaper.

Hi Ladine, we are paricularily interested in the Beijing tours. I took a quick look at some tours a few weeks ago and as I recall, a group of six was not a bad price and as you say, a smaller group can be more manageable.

Can you tell me: Who did you book with? How much per person. Who do I call etc.

We have not even looked at Shanghai yet. Is the port close to downtown? I suspect it is.

Thanks,

Dave and Janice, Komoka (near London) Ontario

Hi ladine, Dave and Janice,

Have you checked the members only Roll Calls for this cruise? It's there in two threads, one for the cruise from Vancouver or Seattle to Kobe, and the second one from Kobe to Hong Kong. There are many pages of information that your fellow cruises have been adding for many months- lots of details about private shore excursions. Also, there are Meet and Greet parties planned for both cruise segments, that you are invited to attend. We have something like sixty or seventy people already signed up.

Two weeks plus a few days and we sail!!

Hi Dave and Janice,

we are arranging tours thru China Tour Key Campany. One for Beijing, one for Shanghai and looking at Dalian. We have booked for 4 but can increase to 6. We are staying at the Holliday Inn - Crown Plaza in Beijing.

The Port in Shanghai is downtown. It is the International Cruise Terminal at Dong Da Ming Road 800, Shanghai. The thing about Shanghai is based on my husband's recommendation (he has worked in China) we need to go to Shuzhou. That is a day unto itself. Have not booked the Shanghai tour yet but are planning on do that soon.

Both of the these, we do not have to pay until we arrive - either in US or Yan. Payment can also be made by credit card one week prior to tour. We are planning on paying cash.

I will look at the recommended Roll Card area for additional information. But this tour company is very responsive and based on the web site customer recommendations it looks like a good company.

BTW, Biejing cost for 6 is $225, Shanghai cost for 6 is $189.

Transportation is by Mercedes Van.

Google the travel company for more information.

Pat and Bob, Annapolis, Md

Hi Dave and Janice,

we are arranging tours thru China Tour Key Campany. One for Beijing, one for Shanghai and looking at Dalian. We have booked for 4 but can increase to 6. We are staying at the Holliday Inn - Crown Plaza in Beijing.

The Port in Shanghai is downtown. It is the International Cruise Terminal at Dong Da Ming Road 800, Shanghai. The thing about Shanghai is based on my husband's recommendation (he has worked in China) we need to go to Shuzhou. That is a day unto itself. Have not booked the Shanghai tour yet but are planning on do that soon.

Both of the these, we do not have to pay until we arrive - either in US or Yan. Payment can also be made by credit card one week prior to tour. We are planning on paying cash.

I will look at the recommended Roll Card area for additional information. But this tour company is very responsive and based on the web site customer recommendations it looks like a good company.

BTW, Biejing cost for 6 is $225, Shanghai cost for 6 is $189.

Transportation is by Mercedes Van.

Google the travel company for more information.

Pat and Bob, Annapolis, Md

Hello Ladine,

I have been waiting for you.

I like the looks of TravelKey.

Pllease contact me direcctly at drmjek-cruisecritic@yahoo.ca

This is a disposable e-mail address. Something nnew to me. But it should work. We would like to join you and make a group of 6 for Xingang to Beijing. We will also consider Dalian and Shanghai.

Hello Ladine,

This is a disposable e-mail address. Something nnew to me. But it should work. We would like to join you and make a group of 6 for Xingang to Beijing. We will also consider Dalian and Shanghai.

Or better still, call us at 519 471-8126 We are in the same timme zone here in Ontario.

Dave

Hello Ladine,

Suzhou looks very interesting

• 3 weeks later...

Archived