Best Excursions in St Kitts

MDL1771

I really enjoy the St. Kitts Scenic Railway Tour, the "Sugar Train". And, if your ship stays in all day (8:00 AM until 6:00 PM), you can do the train ride in the morning, have time for shopping and exploring, and still have time for a second tour in the afternoon.

Have a great cruise, and enjoy St. Kitts.

Just started looking into excursions for our November cruise.

What are the best excursions that St Kitts has to offer? What get be missed?

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, the only one I see for our cruise is this one:

Nevis Sail Away

Board a catamaran and sail to the beautiful island of Nevis for a snorkel expedition and beachside barbecue.

WHAT YOU VISIT

Board your catamaran, hoist sail, and cruise to the neighboring island of Nevis. Drop anchor in a secluded cove for a snorkel expedition. Explore the coral gardens and view the rich marine life, including snappers, damsels, trumpetfish, angelfish, and several species of parrotfish. After your snorkel, sail to picturesque Pinney’s Beach. Your

attentive crew serves complimentary beverages throughout the tour. At the beach the crew prepares a delicious barbecue lunch while you swim or relax in the shade of the palm trees. After lunch your crew sets a course for the leisurely sail back to the ship.

Is this the same thing?

Hi, We will be cruising on the Carnival Legend and are considering this excursion. I assume this is on something similar, or may be, the blue water catemaran.

My husband is hemiplegic but mobile. He doesn't need a cane or walker but assistance in unstable conditions. Would he be able to navigate to go ashore for lunch? Usually if we choose a catamaran excursion he just stays on the catmaran while I snorkle. Didn't know if this would be feasible. Opinions from those with experience needed.

Thanks!

There are two companies in St. Kitts that have catamaran excursions. Blue Water Safaris and Leeward Island Charters. Both have very friendly and helpful staff that wouldn't mind assisting your husband get on and off the cat.

Many people stay on the cat instead of going snorkeling.

... for your quick response. Your info has been very useful.

Specifically, for the BBQ does the cat dock or do they use the motorized dingy. My concern is if it would be sturdy enough for him.

We have previously visited St. Kitts and found it to be a gorgeous, unspoiled island away from the dock area. We shared a guide/van with another couple right from the dock area. It was a good experience. Caribelle boutique was interesting but pricey.

... for your quick response. Your info has been very useful.

Specifically, for the BBQ does the cat dock or do you have to get out in the water or on little dingy? That is my concern.

We have previously visited St. Kitts and found it to be a gorgeous, unspoiled island away from the dock area. We shared a guide/van with another couple right from the dock area. It was a good experience. Caribelle boutique was interesting but pricey. Scenery - absolutely gorgeous

What is the price for two for the snorkel and Pinney's beach trip? I though $129.00 pp thru Princess was pricey also it is waitlisted.

If you are arriving on a cruise you must book it directly with your cruise line. If a cruise is not in port, then you must call them directly a few days prior to their sailing.

The catamaran leaves St. Kitts at 9:30AM. They sail to the southeast end of the island to a secluded cove where they stop for at least 1 hour of snorkeling (all snorkeling equipment is provided). Then they sail to Nevis where a BBQ lunch is served on the beach. You spend approx. 2 and 1/2 hours on the beach before sailing back to St. Kitts. An open bar is available throughout the cruise.

Price $75 USD

Children under 12 years $38 USD.

Above is an e-mail Blue Water Safaris sent me in March.

As I posted before, if a cruise ship is in port they don't normally take individual bookings.

I'm not surprised it's waitlisted. It's a very popular excursion.

We did this excursion on Princess a couple years ago.

For the person who's DH is hemiplegic? sorry not familiar with that term...

We did have to wade in waist deep water to go ashore. The beach itself is pretty narrow, and steep. You have to walk back a ways to get to the luncheon...not terribly far but the sand is hard to walk in, deep and HOT!

I can email you some pictures if it helps jdunde at hotmail dot com make sure you put a cruise critic tag in subject so it doesn't go in the trash.

It was a blast! Our crew was Elvis, Calixto, Carlos, Raphael, Cappy, and me...Yes, I sailed it.

This is exactly the info that I needed.

We did have to wade in waist deep water to go ashore. The beach itself is pretty narrow, and steep. You have to walk back a ways to get to the luncheon...not terribly far but the sand is hard to walk in
I don't think it would be doable for him. I appreciate the heads up before we put down the deposit.

• 3 weeks later...

We took this one when we visited St. Kitts on Queen Mary 2 in December; it was a blast.

Only thing -- the beachside barbecue was pretty basic (delicious food but most tables in hot hot hot sun) and then we had something like two hours to hang out on the beach but, again, no shade. No chairs, no umbrellas, no nothin'. So we hotfooted it for a cute looking bungalow-restaurant up the beach and it turned out to be a casual restaurant that was part of the Four Seasons in Nevis. Lovely!!!

One of the most touching moments on the trip was the effort one of the cat's crew members made to connect with a teen girl -- she was having a terrible time, sulky and cranky and her family had given up. And this guy really got her to smile....

Really wonderful crew. Great boat. Gorgeous snorkeling. Lovely day!

Carolyn

Actually, the only one I see for our cruise is this one:

Nevis Sail Away

Board a catamaran and sail to the beautiful island of Nevis for a snorkel expedition and beachside barbecue.

WHAT YOU VISIT

Board your catamaran, hoist sail, and cruise to the neighboring island of Nevis. Drop anchor in a secluded cove for a snorkel expedition. Explore the coral gardens and view the rich marine life, including snappers, damsels, trumpetfish, angelfish, and several species of parrotfish. After your snorkel, sail to picturesque Pinney’s Beach. Your

attentive crew serves complimentary beverages throughout the tour. At the beach the crew prepares a delicious barbecue lunch while you swim or relax in the shade of the palm trees. After lunch your crew sets a course for the leisurely sail back to the ship.

Is this the same thing?

Archived