Luggage Post Cruise - "Copenhagen"

srpilo

Our flight from Copenhagen post cruise, next september is in the late afternoon, and obviously we'd like to spend the day enjoy Copenhagen rather than sit at the airport for 11 hours.. But as usual when cruising, what to do with the suitcases ???

Any first hand experience in Copenhagen with time to kill, and dealing with bags.. I was thinking maybe there's a train station or something in town with big lockers to store the bags for a few hours ??

Any thoughts would help

Thanks

Srpilo

3 of us did a post cruise overnighter in Copenhagen. At that time we took a taxi from the Port to the B & B right near the Train Station. Way too far with bags. It was about US $50.

It would be easy to have a taxi take you to the Train Station, rent lockers there (downstairs) and then see the sights. You can walk to the Stroget from the Station, or take a train right there to Fredriksborg Castle. Or take a taxi to Neuhavn (sp), take a boat harbor tour, and then work your way back to the Station seeing sights along the way.

Once back at the Station you can take a train to the airport.

Enjoy,

Saylorgirl.. Thanks:)

How'd you get to the train station from the ship after the cruise ?? Is it possible to walk to the station??

Srpilo

We walked to the Metro stop, which is just a couple of blocks away from the Port and took that to the train station. It's a easy walk and much cheaper than a transfer or taxi. We didn't have alot of luggage so it made it easier to do.

There are 2 ports in Copenhagen for cruise ships so make sure the Metro Stop is near your ship's docking.

:cool:

I believe that the Metro is close to both of the ports. We were on The Star Princess and it docks a little further out. The Star docks at Freeport.

We had the same questions about where to store our luggage for the day in Copenhagen. We ended up storing it at the airport. There are lockers, but they were already full so we went up to the window not far from the lockers where they stored luggage in a large room for the day. We took the train between the airport and city. It was easy and fast. By the way, there are many good restaurants at the airport and tons of places for shopping. So you can go early to eat and do some last minute shopping.

Ginny

I'm the original poster ... thanks everyone for the reply's

Now I have another thought, there's a 8:30 am flight, I'm wondering rather than hanging around all day til 4:00 pm for a flight, do you think we can make the 8:30 am flight ??

We're sailing on the Star (Oslo itinerary) and the Princess web-site show a 5:00 am arrival ...Umm?? What do you think ??

Srpilo

I'm the original poster ... thanks everyone for the reply's

Now I have another thought, there's a 8:30 am flight, I'm wondering rather than hanging around all day til 4:00 pm for a flight, do you think we can make the 8:30 am flight ??

We're sailing on the Star (Oslo itinerary) and the Princess web-site show a 5:00 am arrival ...Umm?? What do you think ??

Srpilo

No, I don't think that is possible. We had a 10:00 flight and we made that connection just fine, but the lines at the airport and security are much too long to get on the 8:30 flight. The ship does arrive at 5:00 but it takes until 6:00 to clear the ship, the ship then takes there air passengers off first. You should be able to get off the ship by 6:30, get your luggage, and you could possibly be at the airport by 7 - 7:30, then you hit the lines which will take close to an hour. The regulations state you must be on board the plane no later than 30 minutes prior and they do close the doors, so you would have to board the plane no later than 8:00. I wouldn't risk it.

Archived