Viking Burgundy

roy-e-e-e

I think that most river cruises follow the general travel rules that summer is the peak travel time, spring and fall are usually less costly. Personally I think spring and fall are the BEST times to travel. River travel has some problems with high or low water (spring/fall).

:D Maybe because of the changing leaves in Sept? On Avalon I don't see that price pattern.They are highest in the summer months. I have traveled to Germany in July and it was very hot but it was also hot in London that year.I think I would avoid early spring because of the high water levels when they get the mountian snow melt.Of course that depends on where you are cruising.I wasn't much help was I!

Letsgo, the higher prices seem to depend on where you're coming from. If from the USA, Canada, etc., the flight fares are higher over the summer. Maybe there are more UK paxs who like it in Sept as the school holidays and tourist peaks are over.

• 1 month later...

We were on the Burgundy a few years ago, and it was lovely. The hotel director was a bit too Germanic for me, but all others were helpful. We sailed on the Rhone and Saone in Burgundy and Provence. The scenery was fabulous, the company congenial, and the shore excursions were well done too.

I could not find too many things to complain about.

• 3 months later...

Anyone going on the Viking Burgundy from Avignon on June 24th?

We booked via Noble Calendonia who were as helpful as they can be though they don't run the cruise. We're both deaf and had problems with Viking HQ. Viking HQ REFUSE to help with any emergency evacuations. Viking HQ REFUSE to help with providing 1-2-1 assistance and request to supply details of excursions so that we can be aware of where we're going and what we're seeing. Viking HQ are ARROGANT and lacking in customer care. However we don't believe that the staff on the cruise are like that and we're sure they'll have the right attitude and be as helpful to us and hopefully fellow paxs too.

A

Archived