Allure picks up Cuban refugees..

my friend is just off the allure ( sittin in the airport as w speak to fly home )

they picked up some CUbans floating to FL yesterday

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21007697865215/allure-of-the-seas-pick-up-cuban-refugees/

We didn't actually get to see the rescue but did get to see them board onto coast guard ship! We did get to see the action from our balcony one the 2nd raft they found! Pretty interesting and I'd be scared out my mind to be on a lil raft out in the middle of the ocean!

We didn't actually get to see the rescue but did get to see them board onto coast guard ship! We did get to see the action from our balcony one the 2nd raft they found! Pretty interesting and I'd be scared out my mind to be on a lil raft out in the middle of the ocean!

Well, that shows you what some people will do for the freedoms we take for granted every day. Thank you to the captain and crew of the Allure. LIKE

i told her that. im like mom if ur sailing through the ocean and see 5 people floating on a dingy dont you think the might need help and arent out here fishing??? LOL

Ill post some photos in my review shortly. It was a really neat experience. It actually happened twice on the same day. I think I also have pictures of the coast guard cutter and airplane they sent as well

Of course the policy of the US is that if Cubans reach the shore of USA themselves, they can stay. If they are 'rescued', they are returned. Mind you, given the state of the makeshift "boats" they sail on, most actually need to be rescued.

Ill post some photos in my review shortly. It was a really neat experience. It actually happened twice on the same day. I think I also have pictures of the coast guard cutter and airplane they sent as well

Hi Sadric! I'd love to include one or more of your photos in my news article about the rescue. Could you send me a few to dsaltzman@cruisecritic.com? Thanks! Dori

The refugees will probably be returned to Cuba.

You are correct. In accordance with the "Wet Foot, Dry Foot" policy, Cuban migrants interdicted at sea are returned to Cuba in most cases. In this case, Allure rescued 5, all of which will likely be repatriated.

Does anyone have an up to date report on the results of the investigation into the claims that only a month or two ago a Princess ship failed to stop for individuals whose boat was stranded, a number of whose occupants eventually died? There were reports that a group of bird watchers on the Princess ship spotted the distressed vehicle and notified ship officials but the ship continued on without stopping. Princess indicated that the incident would be investigated but I have not read of any conclusions reached as yet.

Archived