Secret Harbor Facilities? Day Pass to beach resort?

Puffinater

Secret Harbour is one of our favorite beaches in St. Thomas. There is a restaurant (The Blue Moon Cafe) and restrooms. They will charge you to use the lounge chairs on the beach; I think it was $10 for 2 chairs last time we were there.

It is usually not very crowded because the cruise ship tours do not go there. The snorkeling from shore is very good. You can get a taxi at the cruise ship dock; I think maybe it was about $30 round trip.

I'm trying to decide between a couple beaches how to spend our day. I'm torn between Emerald & Secret Harbor. Is it easy to get a taxi back from Secret Harbor? It's so hard to choose! I'm looking for clear, blue water with white sand and palm trees. Snorkeling would be nice but not necessary.

One of our favorite places, we did not go with cruise ship we rented a 1 bedroom suite last yr. The beach is sunny on one side and shady with lots of palm trees on the other side. The restaurant is VERY good and prices are reasonable for sandwiches, etc. There is an activity desk next to the restaurant and bathrooms are in back of the restaurant. Small place but very quiet and charming. The water is clear, snorkeling good, beach clean. We saw the cruise people arrive, most used their towels on the sand, they are very careful to reserve chairs for guest, but as previous poster said, I think they will rent chairs out at the activity desk along with snorkeling equipment.

Don't know anything about emerald.

jean

I'm trying to decide between a couple beaches how to spend our day. I'm torn between Emerald & Secret Harbor. Is it easy to get a taxi back from Secret Harbor? It's so hard to choose! I'm looking for clear, blue water with white sand and palm trees. Snorkeling would be nice but not necessary.

If you are docked at CB then Emerald is a good choice vis-a-vis distance and taxi fare. However, it provides no snorkeling; hence, Secret Harbour would be a better choice, particularly if you are docked at WICO.

the bar and restaurant are very good and you canget a rare burger. The drinks will be as weak or strong as you like, just tell the bar lady. Locals hang out there so you'll see a lot of St. T characters. We go there whenever we stop at that port. We have also stayed there and enjoy the place.

Archived