Ironing on Board...

CMunkey

Hey everyone.. I'm leaving for my cruise soon, and I've read through Carnival that I can't take an Iron on board. Does Carnival have irons available... and where are they?

I'm traveling on the Ecstasy, but I'm sure most ships are pretty similar... Thanks for the help!:D

Hey everyone.. I'm leaving for my cruise soon, and I've read through Carnival that I can't take an Iron on board. Does Carnival have irons available... and where are they?

I'm traveling on the Ecstasy, but I'm sure most ships are pretty similar... Thanks for the help!:D

They do have irons in the self service laundry. If you look at the little card they give you when getting on the ship, they are marked as to location on the card.

I suggest bringing a small hand-held steamer in your checked luggage. So much better to de-wrinkle your clothes in your own room, not in public.

I have a steamer, it was about $29 at either Walmart or Target

I suggest bringing a small hand-held steamer in your checked luggage. So much better to de-wrinkle your clothes in your own room, not in public.

They confiscated my steamer on embarkation -- gave it back on the last night of the cruise --

and on the Splendor, there were at least 3 ironing board and irons in each of the laundrettes -- in fact most of the laundrettes were ONLY for ironing

Yep... public laundries and irons are available at the following locations on board:

Upper Deck 6 - aft / across from stateroom U154

Empress Deck 7 - forward / across from stateroom E2

:)

Althuogh I don't like not being able to iron my clothes in my room - My room is U154 - so I guess this is a bonus - thanks for the info!

They confiscated my steamer on embarkation -- gave it back on the last night of the cruise --

and on the Splendor, there were at least 3 ironing board and irons in each of the laundrettes -- in fact most of the laundrettes were ONLY for ironing

Well, I had thought of getting a steamer, but this definitely makes me think again - I think I'll just try to iron most of my clothes before I go, and use the ones on board for touch ups so I don't have to walk around wrinkly!:p

Clothes steamers are now prohibited...

Sigh, well I guess I'll be investing in those dryer dewrinkle sheets. Or wait, what about those dryer steamer balls? You know, the one on late night TV. Looks like a rubber bouncy ball, but has tiny holes in it, and u put in water, turns dryer into a steamer...

If clothes are packed well, i.e. rolling them or putting tissue paper between them, they usually will arrive fairly wrinkle-free. I've yet to iron on a cruise, despite formal wear for hubby and son (read dress shirts) and lots of cotton clothing.

We can live with a few wrinkles, but for the most part nothing is terribly wrinkled when we arrive thanks to very careful packing. I figure everyone else has the same problem - lack of iron access - so we can all just be content in our mutual wrinkles.

I also get my ironing done right away; the first night or the next morning the laundry is empty and I'm finished with it for the trip. I agree that rolling rather than folding greatly decreases wrinkles and tissue paper helps, too. I know that some folks just hate ironing and would rather have a few wrinkles. It's vacation! Enjoy and relax! I just feel better if my clothes are ironed. One of my many quirks! If you really want your cloths ironed, consider doing it early. There can be a lot of people trying to get to the irons before cruise elegant night.

Happy cruising!

If you don't want to iron yourself, you can have it "sent out".

Here's a link to the price list:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/default.aspx?faq=laundry+services

We prefer to send our items that need ironing out to be pressed. The price is rather small and it allows us not to have to do it ourselves. (Hey we are on vacation, right?) We send it all off the first day and it is back by the next afternoon, just in time for elegent evening.

We also bring Downy Wrinkle Release spray which works pretty good too with some items.

I love the Downy Wrinkle release. Works great. Just spritz a little and tug on the bottom of the shirt, pants, dress, etc. Hang in closet and they look great. For formal wear make sure you don't wait until that day to press your outfits. Everyone thinks of it that day and you could be done and have yours hanging in your closet!

My normal routine is to take my shirts and a glass of wine to the laundry room and get all of my ironing over in one fell swoop -- and I have to say that I've met a lot of very nice people in the laundrette!

I get to do all the ironing when cruising and have met many nice people in there as well. If Carnival was smart, they could do a heck of a lot of info gathering from cruisers in there.

Clothes steamers are now prohibited...

Well good thing I haven't ordered mine yet, because I was going to do that today just for cruising. While we were on the Splendor we meet a lady and she let us use hers and it was wonderful. Guess I will have to just buy some of that Downey Wrinkle Release since a lot of people say it works well.

~Regina

Archived