Star princess Boarding time

Aosborn

I would get there after 1, just have a late lunch on board, on May 4th we got there about noon, line was around the building and growing, we got into the building in about an hr., took another hr. to get to a window, had 12 windows but was moving so slow, might have been because this was the first cruise of the year. After checkin it was a snap to get onboard and find our stateroom, then to the buffet, which was a zoo, always is on the first day as everyone is there at the same time, no one quite knows what to do yet, so makes for lots of confusion. All the food on the ship was real good, served hot, nice and fresh. A real nice ship and everyone was so friendly, never failed to speak and say hello, in the halls or wherever you would meet a ship person. Princess is the best of the main stream cruise lines by a mile, IMO, Buck

Princess wants you to think that you should get there at 1 or after (in fact all of the res screens in their computer system SAY that) for best check in times. They fib....

Check in generally starts between 10:30 and 10:45. I always get there between 9 and 9:30 to be near the front of the line (this, however, is a secret, so don't pass it on.....:D ). I am almost always aboard before noon, and rarely have much of a line to wait in.

We will be traveling to Alaska on the Star June 15th with a 6 month old. With that in mind (mother to mother) would you head to the pier around 10:30?

It's been a long time (my oldest will be 22 in August, you see). Standing out in the sun with a delicate skinned baby for any long period of time does not sound like either a fun or good idea. Probably should get there early, so that you don't have to stand in one of those awful lines. There will be two ships embarking at that time, which is going to increase the number of people trying to get into the building at any given time.

Thank you! This was my last question before going to bed and getting up at 4 for our flights to Seattle!!! I think we'll have breakfast on Sat, check out and make our way to the pier. I would much rather get there plenty early and wait to board (at the front of the line), instead of waiting until the afternoon. Yay! Seattle here we come!

Thank you! This was my last question before going to bed and getting up at 4 for our flights to Seattle!!! I think we'll have breakfast on Sat, check out and make our way to the pier. I would much rather get there plenty early and wait to board (at the front of the line), instead of waiting until the afternoon. Yay! Seattle here we come!

Me, too. Have a great trip.

SeattleCruiselover, Just wondering if there is a seperate entrance for Platinium / Elite members? I just discovered the one in FLL and it was quite nice - didn't have to wait at all.

I would get there after 1, just have a late lunch on board, on May 4th we got there about noon, line was around the building and growing, we got into the building in about an hr., took another hr. to get to a window, had 12 windows but was moving so slow, might have been because this was the first cruise of the year. After checkin it was a snap to get onboard and find our stateroom, then to the buffet, which was a zoo, always is on the first day as everyone is there at the same time, no one quite knows what to do yet, so makes for lots of confusion. All the food on the ship was real good, served hot, nice and fresh. A real nice ship and everyone was so friendly, never failed to speak and say hello, in the halls or wherever you would meet a ship person. Princess is the best of the main stream cruise lines by a mile, IMO, Buck
We too sailed on the first trip (May 4). I got there around 1:30 and the line was still around the building.

If I had to do all over again, I would get there at 3:00. No lines, No waiting.

At 3:00 we were still on the ramp up to the ship and could look back on the now empty terminal.

Maybe they have things worked out now, but that fist trip was a very long wait and stand in line mess.

SeattleCruiselover, Just wondering if there is a seperate entrance for Platinium / Elite members? I just discovered the one in FLL and it was quite nice - didn't have to wait at all.

Entrance, no. Line, yes.

We will be sailing on the Star on September 14. In reviewing events in Seattle, I noticed that the Seahawks will be playing on that day with a 1:00PM kickoff. I imagine that the proximity of Quest Field to Pier 30 might cause a large traffic jam.

Could you recommend the best time to get to the Pier on this day. We are staying at the Renaissance Hotel.

Thanks,

Mike

We just sailed May 18th on the star. We arrived at the cruise terminal at 10:30am and I feel this was a perfect time. We checked in waited maybe 40 minutes and were on the ship at the bar having a drink at 11:40am.

We will be sailing on the Star on September 14. In reviewing events in Seattle, I noticed that the Seahawks will be playing on that day with a 1:00PM kickoff. I imagine that the proximity of Quest Field to Pier 30 might cause a large traffic jam.

Could you recommend the best time to get to the Pier on this day. We are staying at the Renaissance Hotel.

Thanks,

Mike

Me, I'm going to be there at 9:00 am (but I'm leaving a day earlier, too, so don't get there then), but 10L30'ish should still get you in before the total rush.

Me, I'm going to be there at 9:00 am (but I'm leaving a day earlier, too, so don't get there then), but 10L30'ish should still get you in before the total rush.

Karen-

I've been reading all your helpful advice on this board and hope to use your expertise many more times before we sail. We will be arriving in the early afternoon on the 13th and look forward to watching you sail on the Golden Princess. Thanks for your input on this question.:)

Mike

Karen-

I've been reading all your helpful advice on this board and hope to use your expertise many more times before we sail. We will be arriving in the early afternoon on the 13th and look forward to watching you sail on the Golden Princess. Thanks for your input on this question.:)

Mike

Mike: You will know which one is me. I will be standing on my balcony mid-ships on Dolphin deck in my scarlet and gray, waving a sign at you that says "GO Bucs!!!" :eek:

You're more than welcome.

Archived