Open seating question?

Hi, we are due to sail on Dream in July. As they operate an open seating policy, I would like to know if this means you can just turn up at the restaurant & be given the next available table or are you able to book a table in advance at a specific time. Could we for example phone from our cabin & ask for a table in half an hours time? We are a party of six, so I assume we would be able to have a table of our own? Also if we could leave the children with Grandma one night & my husband & I wanted to eat alone (I live in hope), could we request a table for two?

Hi Jo,

Theoretically you just turn up at the restaurant and they'll find you a table. You might have to wait a little longer if you just want one for both of you. With Thomson's running the Island escape now, that's how it worked on there. We never had to wait more than a few minutes for a table.

And you'd be fine going with just you and hubby. If we'd have waited to try and round up the boys for dinner we'd have starved to death :D

Also as an alternative to the Orion restaurant you could consider the A la Carte Grill for the 2 of you.

And I know it's buffet, but Sirens has tables for two also.

We'll be on board in April and I'll be reporting back ASAP on our return.

Berwyn

Archived