Hotel Jazz in Barcelona

I just booked it too as I understand it is centrally located and had good reviews. Will be there 5/13-5/15 unless I hear negatives from our fellow cruisers. It was inexpensive too from Orbitz though they don't list the fees.

I just canceled my 2 night reservation at the Hotel Atrium Palace after reading this post (thanks!) and after reading the reviews of the Hotel Jazz at TripAdvisor. I saved 70 Euro by doing so, and it sounds as if this hotel might be a touch above the other. I like the sounds of the top floor pool area overlooking the city, the location of the hotel in close proximity to sights and the sightseeing bus pickup outside the hotel door. The price is also right!

Thanks for the tip on this hotel. Can anyone tell me the nightly rate at this hotel?

Muchas gracias :D

Doc in Atlanta

The special promotion through Orbitz is 100 Euro + tax for a room with a queen size bed. I don't know how much longer this will be available though.

Thank you for posting this information on Hotel Jazz. I was able to get the promotional rate today, 9/11/04. The hotel is rated as a 2-star, but how bad can it be for only one night? The location is fantastic as well. This price beats anything else in the area hands-down. Mucha gracias!

MissM

Yikes! When I researched our hotel stay in Barcelona, I read some bad reviews about the "Jazz!" We went with Apsis Atrium Palace and were absolutely pleased with our choice!!! We spent three nights there Aug. 25-28th and it was a perfect stay for us! The staff was fantastic, the huge marble entry with automatic glass doors was awsome. All marble and glass bathrooms, beautiful dark wood floors...robes and slippers in the rooms...free wireless computer access...business center with computers...two free bottles of water each day, and two bottles of juice. Oh, and don't forget that if you add the breakfast buffet to your room on line, you get it for 1/2 off!! Well worth it to us!

We were in non smoking rooms on the second floor and they were as quiet as can be.

The main restaurant was closed for the month of August but the breakfast buffet and snacks were available in the lobby restaurant all day and late into the evening. They recommended a restaurant that we walked to "Sumum." Beautiful little restaurant with an amazing stainless steel state of the art kitchen...Miget of duck (13 euros) was as good as any we've had in France!! A glass of Cava is complimentary before your meal and the wine list is reasonable and extensive! Choices in food styles are many so everyone will be happy...our 12 year old had tempura veggies and shrimp one night and "ink" pasta carbonara the second night. We ate there three out of 4 nights!!!!!!!:D

We would have stayed at the Apsis Atrium post cruise too, but I had thought it might be more convenient to stay at the Grand Marina. We decided to stick with the plan even though we felt that the Apsis was wonderful...changes are always a pain! The Grand Marina was like a fantasy vacation! We did pay A LOT more but since it was only for one night and it was the grand finale to our vacation, we went for it. It was unbelievable! We have stayed at the "Hotel Arts" and this hotel easily compared with it at half the price!

Hope this helps!

I am curious as to where you were reading your reviews on the Hotel Jazz? On TripAdvisor.com the Hotel Jazz rates 23 in popularity out of 435 hotels listed, while the Atrium Palace lags behind a bit at 41.

Here are a few quotes from people who have stayed there:

"Hotel Jazz is brand new and in the heart of Barcelona" "It is all spanking new and has an upmarket feel with little touches such as Plasma screen TV" "The roof is the best part, there is an awesome pool to enjoy as well as the scenery" "The bed was the biggest I have ever slept in (8 foot?!), Everything is very modern and clean, including the bathroom" "The rooms are fantastic - everything you needed, safe, mini bar, hairdryer, toilitries (including razors and toothbrushes!)" "just a couple of blocks from plaza catalunya and las ramblas - close to metros and buses" "The location is great and the "tourist bus" for sight seeing stops outside the hotel!"

"Was superb, on a noisy street, but the soundproof windows did the trick, Our standard-size room was quite large by European standards and we appreciated the towel warmer and other amenities" "Ladies if you want to shop, you couldn´t ask for anything better with tons of stores just outside your doorstep"

The only negatives that were repeated a few times over (which some people did have the opposite experience) were about the staff being rude or uncaring, which although not appreciated, can unfortunately be expected in many European cities. Like anywhere else (not excluding the U.S.) there are good and bad attitudes to be found, which are dependent on an array of human factors and conditions.

I'd say, "go for it" then! I just wanted to let you know that we had an A+ stay at the Apsis Atrium even though I kept alternative reservations until the last week while watching for reviews by fellow CC's. You might consider doing the same. Our rate was 132 euros including breakfast buffet...complete with cava, eggs, meats, fruit, freshly squeezed orange juice and great pastries and coffee. I know you will have a great time in Barcelona no matter which hotel you choose!!!! All the best!:)

Archived