Group Activities for your guests

traylynn

Hello Ladies- I am interested in getting ideas as to what activities you have planned for your guest.

I am hoping to have a Welcome Meet/Greet in Puerto Rico before we sail at the hotel.

Our ceremony will be the 1st port so we can relax the rest of the cruise.

A cocktail hour

theme night (70's, 80's, everyone wear white or another color)

martini/tequila tasting

Any other great ideas

I think that it is great that you are trying to plan group activities, I am on the complete other side of the spectrum with my guests though. Since we have the option of flying into two ports (sailing out of Miami, can fly into Miami or ft Lauderdale) I will not be having a pre-sail get together. I also have told my guests that they are using their vacation time and hard earned money to take a VACATION. The only requirements that they have is the "rehearsal" dinner in the steak house the night before the wedding, the wedding day, and I asked groups (ex. my family, his family, friends) to have one dinner with the bride and groom for the week.

all the rest is their vacation and if they want to be by themselves or in a whole group that is up to them. ( and I would prefer not to have to babysit and entertain all of my guests the whole week!)

HeY!

We are hosting a welcome dinner at our hotel as well i think this is important as the wedding is short. We will be doing a video and speeches at the welcome dinner in order to make sure the wedding is just eating dancing and drinking! lol The welcome dinner i am paying for cost me around 1000.00 for 60 people so wasnt tooo bad i guess LOL also helps in guests cost because one less meal they have to buy on there own. The hotel is setting up a room like a reception and they have AVA equipment. The food consist of chicken skewers, salade, meat balls and such basic food but im sure it will fill them. I also will be getting a cake from walmart for dessert. (the hotel allows you to bring an outside cake)

I'm doing embarkation wedding out of New Orleans in June 2014. We have to be in NO at least 3 days prior to apply for marriage license. I've told all of the guests that we will be there early and they are welcome to spend the few days with us, especially the non-sailing guests. I'm not sure if we will have anything in particular planned, but we will most likely take everyone out for dinner the night before the wedding.

On the cruise, we wanted everyone to pretty much be on their own and enjoy THEIR vacation. Besides the the wedding & reception (of course), we only are requesting they join us in main dining room for dinner the evening of our wedding and for dinner the last formal night (which is also our 5 year anniversary since we started dating). We are also debating a cocktail hour prior to the formal night dinner (its actually super affordable). We figure it would be a good way to end the week before everyone scatters across the country to go home. Other than that everyone can do what they want.

I also have put together an on-board scavenger hunt, that I will include in their OOT bags when they board. It has 50 items to find all over the ship. Some items require photos with digital camera, some require taking notes (I'm providing small notepad & pens). It has items like: meeting your room steward, meet maitre'd and your dining room waiter, where is the laundry, find carnival employee from farthest away... basically sending them all over the ship and meeting all the important people. I plan to have them work in pairs (since most would anyway). Then I am instructing everyone to meet up the next evening before dinner (day after embarkation) to go over what everyone found. And I will have prizes... I plan to have Carnival Cruise Line gift cards, in varying values for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. That way it encourages people to explore the ship during their first couple days. But, it's up to them if they want to do it or not.

We plan to do dolphin swim as excursion at one of our ports and plan to inform everyone ahead of time and let them know they are welcome to join us. The other ports, we may invite them in our plans or go off on our own... we aren't sure yet. We aren't setting any other hard plans and will probably want some alone time during our time on land.

Besides that, I really don't want to be an activity director for everyone on my "weddingmoon" and I'm sure they will want to do their own things too. I'm sure we will all meet up throughout the week but don't need to have it all planned out.

We are on a 4 day cruise so not as much time to fill. We are setting everyone up for late dining as a chance to come together each day. Other than that and the ceremony/reception in Cozumel we've let everyone know they are free to enjoy their vacation. We'll let them know our plans for Key West and the sea day in case they want to join.

We are on a 4 day cruise so not as much time to fill. We are setting everyone up for late dining as a chance to come together each day. Other than that and the ceremony/reception in Cozumel we've let everyone know they are free to enjoy their vacation. We'll let them know our plans for Key West and the sea day in case they want to join.

Hi Lil One (one of my favorite nicknames).!!

You are talking to a rarity here...I'm the Groom to be (I haven't asked the bride, yet). I see that you are having your Ceremony in Cozumel..can you tell me a little more about that? We really enjoyed Cozumel!! We'd go back! Are you using a local wedding planner? Which one? Will you be legally married in Cozumel?

Thanks!

D

Hi Lil One (one of my favorite nicknames).!!

You are talking to a rarity here...I'm the Groom to be (I haven't asked the bride, yet). I see that you are having your Ceremony in Cozumel..can you tell me a little more about that? We really enjoyed Cozumel!! We'd go back! Are you using a local wedding planner? Which one? Will you be legally married in Cozumel?

Thanks!

D

Hi D! We are getting married at Mr Sanchos Beach Club. We went there on our cruise last year and when we started talking about a cruise wedding we knew this was the place we wanted to do it. They use local planners (Stephanie and Lluvia at Cozumel Wedding Planner) and they have been great to work with. They have a website that you can check out!

They do offer the legal ceremony, but we chose to do a symbolic and will have the legal one before we go. My fiancé has a few older relatives and a younger sister (she will have a newborn) that are unable to cruise with us. Since he is the first of his siblings to get married, I really want to have them at the legal one so they don't have to miss the whole thing.

Hope that helps! If you have any other questions, let me know! :)

• 2 weeks later...

We are having a casual get together on Friday night at our hotel for everyone that is coming in for our special day and those who are cruising with us the following day.

In addition, we decided to book one night at the steakhouse for everyone as a thank you for coming (11 cabins). We have planned on spending time with the guests on the Islands, having the same dining time and will also host a sail away party in our suite one night for everyone (we preordered alcohol from Bon Voyage)

Archived