Nile Dinner Crusie

kwar

Okay want opinions on this is it worth giving up a nice dinner at hotel at pyramids for a 2 hour cruise with belly dancing and a buffet of I don't know what kind of food they are serving.

Is there that much to see and is it a pretty ride or is it dark. Is it worth $110 US for it?????

Kwar

Okay want opinions on this is it worth giving up a nice dinner at hotel at pyramids for a 2 hour cruise with belly dancing and a buffet of I don't know what kind of food they are serving.

Is there that much to see and is it a pretty ride or is it dark. Is it worth $110 US for it?????

Kwar

I live in Ottawa which sits on the Ottawa river and has the Rideau canal running through it. Thousands of tourists take scenic boat rides every year, despite the fact that they can easily see the sites on foot or by using other means of transportation. Ultimately, I suppose it's the idea of sightseeing from the particular vantage point of a leisurely cruise that is appealing.

In Cairo, however, it is not the sights that draw because the Nile in Cairo cuts through the heart of the bustling city; there are neither view of the Pyramids nor view of the desert. It is the idea that you are sailing on the Nile that attracts; bragging rights are gained, I suppose, once you've done it. For $110, I'm sure you can get a better meal with belly dancing in many venues in Cairo with less time set aside from your precious touring time.

After reading on this site and hearing accounts from others, my wife and I dismissed the idea of a Dinner cruise mostly because, with such limited time in Egypt, the value for us was not there. That being said, I must also point out that we also spent more than just 2 days in Egypt; we knew we would get to see the postcard views of the Nile in and around Luxor.

I would say it's not worth it. We did a breakfast cruise (rather than the dinner cruise) because I hoped to see more of the Nile. While it was somewhat interesting (we did see a couple of traditional fishermen out in their small boats), it was also quite foggy/smoggy and hard to get photos.

The area you'll cruise is mainly city, which in Cairo isn't the most beautiful. Based on the "show" we got onboard our Nile cruise later on a land trip, I'd guess the belly dancing will be pretty cheesy.

All in all, I'd opt for a nice dinner at hotel.

Thanks for the reply, supposedly I read one of the entertainers on the boat is the same one for the past 10 years, probably the Belly Dancer. Think we will do dinner at hotel. Thanks to all that answered.

Not worth the $55 each. Especially because drinks are still separate. The food is good but not great and you can find the same or better entertainment elsewhere.

However if you've never been there it couldn't hurt to do it once just to say that you did. It would be a good value at $20, okay at $25 and frankly isn't much to talk about at $55.

Archived