seasick on Carnival LIBERTY

I doubt it is possible to say you will get seasick on one ship as opposed to any other, given being on the same route. The ships would have to be dramatically different is size, and one would not have stabilizers.

Yes, midship and low is the best, but the movement near the front elevators will not be dramatically different.

Do you have a known history of seasickness?

I was concerned because of a posting on the Carnival site from a passenger indicating she was sick one two different LIBERTY cruises and never on any other Carnival ship. We were on the Imagination in May with seasick pressure bracelets and standard over the counter pills and had no problem at all.

Was just wondering about other passengers LIBERTY seasick experiences.

Thanks for your input.

Having sailed the Legend, Inspiration and Liberty, the Liberty was the ship that I felt the least motion on. Our cabin was mid-ship on the Empress deck but did not feel any motion anywhere. On sea days we enjoyed the back pool area and bar and it was very smooth. It may have been the fact that we had great weather but we didn't even bother taking any Bonine or Ginger tabs and the sea-bands stayed packed away.

:)

I'm fortunate that neither I nor my DW have ever experienced sea sickness on any cruise we've been on. We've cruised on the Liberty twice, first in the Aft section, and second time closer to mid ship, and never experienced any excess motion. The only time we've experienced excess motion was on a Western Caribbean cruise in Sept. during hurricane season (on the Imagination). There were times when we had 10 to 12 foot swells. It made the cruise interesting, but not unbearable.

The larger the ship, the more stable it is (they have stabilizers). The issue is going to be with how rough the seas are on the route you're sailing and the time of year for that route. While I agree that midship and low is best for cabin selection if you are prone to motion sickness, but that's only helpful while you're in your cabin. My experience, and yes I get seasick if I don't take my bonine, is that they usually speed the ships up at night if they have a long distance to go and that's when you're most likely to have a rougher ride aside from weather issues.

I learned to take my bonine the evening before I got on the ship and then took it every evening when I was getting ready for dinner. One time, I noticed crew putting out barf bags and I asked if they expected it to get rougher. They said they did, so I marched right back to my cabin & took another bonine. I could feel the movement but it didn't bother me. I sat next to a friend we were playing cards with and she was turning green.

Archived