18 - 20 year old guests

Scouty

We are considering a 9 day cruise on the Caribbean Princess during the week of June 24, 2010 sailing out of NY. This would be our first cruise on the Princess line (15 other cruises: Disney, RCCL, Carnival, Norwegian, Celebrity) and hesitate because there doesn't seem like there would much to do for our 18 year old daughter, seems like they cater to an "older" crowd. Also concerned because the cruise date may be before school is out. Is there much to do for guests between 18 - 20 during this time period or ever?

We are considering a 9 day cruise on the Caribbean Princess during the week of June 24, 2010 sailing out of NY. This would be our first cruise on the Princess line (15 other cruises: Disney, RCCL, Carnival, Norwegian, Celebrity) and hesitate because there doesn't seem like there would much to do for our 18 year old daughter, seems like they cater to an "older" crowd. Also concerned because the cruise date may be before school is out. Is there much to do for guests between 18 - 20 during this time period or ever?

18-20 is a strange time due to being too old for the teens program. They can go to the Skywalkers lounge as it is 18 and up after 11p.

That cruise should have a lot of people their age as it is summer etc.

My children have both cruised at that age and loved it, even though they didn't meet others their age. There are movies, shows, dance lessons, games like Scattergories, ceramics classes, pools, mini golf, board games to check out of the library, room service, sunbathing, and of course ports of call. If your child don't want to do these things with you or by themselves, thinking about inviting a friend along to keep them company. Also pack iPods, video games, and a few books.

We did this cruise this year and left 6/20. There were a lot of teens and young adults on board. My son is 18 and went to Sky Walkers at night (they started around 11PM). He met a lot of people he could hang out with during the day at the pool. He had a great time but he was with kids who were drinking (21 and older). I'm not sure I'd want my daughter to be in this environment. It all depends on how outgoing your daughter is and if you want her to be hanging around with 18 to 25 year olds. School was out when we went there were 500 kids on board which included 200 teens. The teen center which goes to 18 was open from 9AM to 3AM but your daughter is too old to go.

I just exprienced my first cruise and I am hooked. Altough it was with another cruise line, I still want to expierence others. DH and I are in our mid 30's and from NYC. We love to hang out when we get a chance and party. Will we have a good time on any or the princess ships? What type of music is played. But most importantly, we have an 8 year old (who will be 9, on our next cruise). Do they have things for him. I appreciate any help you can give.

I cruised with my 18 yr old daughter and actually Princess is great for this age because they organize get togethers in the evening for 18-20 yr olds listed in the patters under the "Grey Zone," which is what they call this age group. Your 18 yr old must go to the very first get together because that's when they make friends. They then all hang out together in Skywalkers and even during the day they hang out together by the pool and after dinner. My daughter had a great time.

Thanks for the info, we just came of an RCCL cruise out of NJ (7/9) and my duaghter had a great time. She's afraid she'll be bored, says she hears the Princess line is for the "older cowd". Also ready some negative reviews on the ship. Did you enjoy the cruise, what did you think of the ship?

Archived