Eurodam & Malt Shop cruise

beshears

This may have already been answered, but if not, I thought I would ask.

As I have never been on one of the Malt Shop cruises, and still "thinking":confused: about it, when the entertainers are NOT performing, does HAL still have planety of activities to do, when not in port?

Edited by beshears

• 2 months later...

As I have never been on one of the Malt Shop cruises, and still "thinking":confused: about it, when the entertainers are NOT performing, does HAL still have planety of activities to do, when not in port?

There are lots of activities going on during the day. About the only time I think it is "quiet" is when you are IN port..and I actually enjoy sitting by the pool reading a book during that time. My husband swears it is the best vacation he has ever taken. If you enjoy the music of the era, it can't be beat. Well worth the money in our opinion.

Very often there will be additional shore excursions led by some of the featured artists based upon their passions which is really great because you have another opportunity to interact with them

• 4 weeks later...

I too am thinking of doing this cruise but it will be my first cruise alone. Are there many singles who are taking this cruise? I for sure don't want to feel not included in all of the fun and dancing!

These are the best type of cruises to go on if you are alone because everyone is there for the music and lots of the cabins have 3 (to cut cost), that you will make tons of new friends both at the concerts and activities and games

You may board alone but at the end of your cruise you will have tons of new friends who will be joining you next year

These are the best type of cruises to go on if you are alone because everyone is there for the music and lots of the cabins have 3 (to cut cost), that you will make tons of new friends both at the concerts and activities and games

You may board alone but at the end of your cruise you will have tons of new friends who will be joining you next year

Thank you very much! I think a friend is coming also and we will do the night before party at the Sheraton. Does anyone want to work on tours?

Thank you very much! I think a friend is coming also and we will do the night before party at the Sheraton. Does anyone want to work on tours?

This is not a very busy board! There are three of us all signed up and ready to go! I have been to each of the islands before a while ago...hoping for some fun things to see.

You're right! It doesn't seem as active as you'd think. There is SOME activity going on on the HAL Eurodam board, Nov 3, 2013, but that is sporadic too:-0 Looking forward to this a lot!!! Never been on a theme cruise and this one sounds like I could repeat it every year.:D

This is not a very busy board! There are three of us all signed up and ready to go! I have been to each of the islands before a while ago...hoping for some fun things to see.

Sounds great! I've been listening to the music on XM5 and 6 every day:-) It will be fun! :D

Listened to many many videos on YouTube getting myself in the mood. :-), ordered the fabric for my prom dress, and am working on my outfit for Legends night. I am so excited!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Listened to many many videos on YouTube getting myself in the mood. :-), ordered the fabric for my prom dress, and am working on my outfit for Legends night. I am so excited!

I wasn't going to drag the stuff for prom night. I think the couples might be more into that. I actually have my prom dress from1963...too bad it won't fit!

I am planning on doing to legends...it should be interesting if we can figure out who each of us is supposed to be!

For me, the dressing up each night is part of the fun. I always dress for the evening before the 6:00 show in whatever theme I am doing for the evening. I don't always go with the theme the cruise has for the evening, but always something period like a circle skirt outfit or something. It is so much fun!

• 2 weeks later...
For me, the dressing up each night is part of the fun. I always dress for the evening before the 6:00 show in whatever theme I am doing for the evening. I don't always go with the theme the cruise has for the evening, but always something period like a circle skirt outfit or something. It is so much fun!

I have 8:30 PM dining...can you imagine me eating dinner in my pool wear or PJ's! I'm not sure how to do that one...guess I'll have to change after dinner. I sure wish there was a way to get my body into that junior prom dress...I still think it's gorgeous! You are lucky to be able to sew. Good luck!

Has anyone researched tours for the stops we will be making?

I have been to Tortola and so far as I can remember the only thing to do was go to the place that has the giant turtles...remember the shells are NOT allowed to be imported to the US!

Do you think we'll all get together at the beginning of the cruise to meet with so few of us? I'm used to this being a large group!

I have 8:30 PM dining...can you imagine me eating dinner in my pool wear or PJ's! I'm not sure how to do that one...guess I'll have to change after dinner. I sure wish there was a way to get my body into that junior prom dress...I still think it's gorgeous! You are lucky to be able to sew. Good luck!

Has anyone researched tours for the stops we will be making?

I have been to Tortola and so far as I can remember the only thing to do was go to the place that has the giant turtles...remember the shells are NOT allowed to be imported to the US!

Do you think we'll all get together at the beginning of the cruise to meet with so few of us? I'm used to this being a large group!

We have 8:30 dining too, which is also what we had last year. I didn't want to have to change after dinner, so the nights I wasn't comfortable with wearing the "theme" all evening (for example Halloween last year, probably pajama night this year), I wore a circle skirt and saddle shoes. That way I could dress for the entire evening before cocktails and the early show and it cut down on the amount of stuff I had to try to fit into luggage, lol!

• 2 months later...
We have 8:30 dining too, which is also what we had last year. I didn't want to have to change after dinner, so the nights I wasn't comfortable with wearing the "theme" all evening (for example Halloween last year, probably pajama night this year), I wore a circle skirt and saddle shoes. That way I could dress for the entire evening before cocktails and the early show and it cut down on the amount of stuff I had to try to fit into luggage, lol!

I'm having a terrible time navigating this site. I am not sure if I am signed up for the roll call and certainly am not finding it tonight!

I am with two other ladies and I would like for all of us to attend the welcoming gathering if there is going to be one.

One time someone sent me a link to the correct page to my e-mail. That or please just check and let me know. I hope I can find this page again!

I'm having a terrible time navigating this site. I am not sure if I am signed up for the roll call and certainly am not finding it tonight!

I am with two other ladies and I would like for all of us to attend the welcoming gathering if there is going to be one.

One time someone sent me a link to the correct page to my e-mail. That or please just check and let me know. I hope I can find this page again!

I saw you in the Role Call Forum. Did you find your way around?

• 1 month later...

Hello, did any of you on this forumgo on the Malt Shop Memories cruise this month? If so, would you tell me a little about what you did and who you seen?

I have never been on this type of cruise, but really thinking about doing it .

One of my questions is, when these singers are doing their concerts on the ship, and you all attend, how do you decide who sits where? Is it on a first come seating basis, or are you assigned seats?

Are you able to talk with the singers personally, or are they there mainly to sing say hello, and SELL their tapes, etc.?

Hi, yes we did and it was awesome!! I just spent 20 minutes responding to you with details and this site cut me off and it was erased! I 'm sorry, but I am not up to going thru this again right now. u should book it...you'll love it. u meet them and speak with them all the time, as they are passengers like us. Seating is first come(except for a few reserved seats for those who book by a certain time; and those who have mobility access issues)Doors open 20 minutes b4for the Main shows. All other performers use different venues and different times, so you can see/hear them all. Instead of listing our performers here again, just go to maltshopmemories site. They will give 2013's and 2014's. Enjoy:D

Hello, did any of you on this forumgo on the Malt Shop Memories cruise this month? If so, would you tell me a little about what you did and who you seen?

I have never been on this type of cruise, but really thinking about doing it .

One of my questions is, when these singers are doing their concerts on the ship, and you all attend, how do you decide who sits where? Is it on a first come seating basis, or are you assigned seats?

Are you able to talk with the singers personally, or are they there mainly to sing say hello, and SELL their tapes, etc.?

• 3 weeks later...

Sparty1, I'm so sorry you did all that work, and it did not go through, or you lost it.:(

I don't know if you or anyone else on this forum did a "review" of the Malt Shop cruise that was done in November? If anyone did, would you please let me know where I should go to read your review?

If nothing else, would someone tell me "what ship" on the Holland America line that the Malt Shop cruise was done on in November? Maybe I could see something that way.

You are welcome...if it helps , I met several MSM cruisers in the Ft Lauderdale airport on Sunday Nov 10th returning home (just so happened my Capital Jazz SuperCruise was the same week)...they LOVED their experience and almost all at signed up for next year while they were onboard this year's cruise...it was a tie, on which charter had the best teeshirts...lol

I looked at the MSM line up for next year and it looked awesome...I would strongly urge you to take the leap and book it...

You are welcome...if it helps , I met several MSM cruisers in the Ft Lauderdale airport on Sunday Nov 10th returning home (just so happened my Capital Jazz SuperCruise was the same week)...they LOVED their experience and almost all at signed up for next year while they were onboard this year's cruise...it was a tie, on which charter had the best teeshirts...lol

I looked at the MSM line up for next year and it looked awesome...I would strongly urge you to take the leap and book it...

Their shirt is mailed to them weeks before the cruise sails and it is free as opposed to purchasing your shirt on board. Free wins every time, $25 pocketed.

hi again. been off internet for awhile, but back on for a wee bit:-) Thx for the compassion of my frustrations with technology some times:[) Yes the ship was the HAL Eurodam, and it will be again in 2014. You can see the cabin categories and layout, but the charter company changes the layout and format of the public rooms for this theme cruise. ie: the Culinary center becomes an entertainment venue; the Ocean lounge adds rows of chairs in the walkways for the "interview" and some entertainment. Wherever you go on the ship, they have utilized it for the performers to show their talents! I had a smile on my face the entire cruise!! I intended to write a review, but have'nt been around long enough(the journal they give you has so much and I kept notes, so I'll eventually do one, unless someone else beats me to it)[. If u have specific questions, I'll answer what I can tho

QUOTE=beshears;40943661]Hattack, thank you for your message of the Eurodam.