Unlimited Drink Pass Worth It?

Cjw0808

I am soon going on the NCL Majesty and I was wondering, is it worth it to buy the unlimited drink pass which I believe is $63? My family will probably drink quite a few soft drinks during the 7 day cruise and they are not included. Please answer back if you can. Thanks. :cool:

I am soon going on the NCL Majesty and I was wondering, is it worth it to buy the unlimited drink pass which I believe is $63? My family will probably drink quite a few soft drinks during the 7 day cruise and they are not included. Please answer back if you can. Thanks. :cool:

If you think you will be averaging 4-5 drinks or more per day then the card is worth it. I'm not sure if you have kids included, but their price is less expensive.

You are allowed to bring on your own sodas, but most of the cabins on the Majesty don't have refrigerators so you will have to use ice to cool the drinks. You can also purchase soda in port and carry it back on the ship.

There is always ice tea, milk, chocolate milk, water, and juices (available in the morning) on the ship for free.

Personally, I don't think it's worth the $60 for the week as the glasses are small and often the soda is watered down. I drink a lot of soda, but I'm going to be bringing my own on the next trip. If the price were cut in half, I might reconsider.

I drink a lot of Diet cola and usually get the card, but at $63 for a week I don't think we will this time. I don't mind paying extra for convenience (not having to go to keep ice in your room, going to the bar to get a drink instead of your room, etc) but its getting to the point where its excessive. It becomes a hard decision when you don't like lemonade, ice tea and some of the other things. This is probably something that NCL could add to a Latitudes package and come out ahead even if they gave half price - it doesn't cost them much and people drinking colas probably aren't going to change bar drinking habits because of it.

Is this correct? 60 some dollars is rediculous. I hope someone has made a mistake. On my princess cruise last year it seems like I paid about 80 dollars for me and my husband on a 7 day cruise. :eek:

Well, that would be Princess... not NCL.

NCL is currently $8.63 per person per day for the length of your cruise. It would require you to consume minimum of about 5 sodas a day to break even.

Is this correct? 60 some dollars is rediculous. I hope someone has made a mistake. On my princess cruise last year it seems like I paid about 80 dollars for me and my husband on a 7 day cruise. :eek:

On the Sea Princess in May it was under $50 for a 13 day cruise, and that included a large insulated mug.

I'll be drinking iced tea. ;)

Dave

Archived