Positive words for Scenic Cruises

cruiseryyc

Having just returned last week from a Scenic cruise (Amsterdam to Basel onboard the Sapphire) I wanted to add a positive review and comments. I have written a review in the Review section but so far it has not shown up. Having been on 15 ocean cruises I was interested to see what river cruising had to offer - I was not disappointed.

Our butler delivered coffee and croissants to us every morning as per our request and was always there at the appointed time. Food is subjective but I can say that our meals were wonderful; I never had anything that I did not like or that wasn't cooked to my liking and I felt that the portions were quite adequate. Sometimes the waiters in the lounge were busy, if so we just went up to the bar and got our own drinks but this rarely happened. All drinks are included on a Scenic cruise and they poured a good one; we enjoy our wines and found the choices onboard to be more than acceptable.

The tour guides at each port of call were some of the best ones I have every experienced and all of the tours were most enjoyable. The embarkation and disembarkation were the best I have experienced - being taken personally to the cabin (with champagne and rose in hand) and shown around was a perfect beginning.

Was it all perfect - of course not. The evening entertainer was great at playing the piano but should not open his mouth to sing. Also, our room steward had to be reminded to replenish items a couple of times.

Are they a 5 star? In some areas yes; in some I would rate them 4 to 4.5 - still very favourable. I would not hesitate to recommend a Scenic cruise and plan to use them again for my next river cruise.

and look forward to review.Good to hear a positive note.Have read a few negative ones,and was wondering if I d made the right choice for first Scenic cruise next June.

I can live with 4.5 ratings.

Love the new look of the ships with large balcony,even booked jr.suite to get tub,room service,etc.

Will be my 10th river cruise,with all the major lines .So far, my favorite has been AMA.Hope next one just as good,or better.:)

We were on the Scenic Jewel in August and I can honestly say it was one of the best holidays we have been on. I would rate the whole experience, 4-5 stars. We have been on 15 ocean cruises and this was our first river cruise. I would have no hesitation in recommending Scenic. I would go again with them in a heart beat.

Cheers:)

Having just returned last week from a Scenic cruise (Amsterdam to Basel onboard the Sapphire) I wanted to add a positive review and comments. I have written a review in the Review section but so far it has not shown up. Having been on 15 ocean cruises I was interested to see what river cruising had to offer - I was not disappointed.

Our butler delivered coffee and croissants to us every morning as per our request and was always there at the appointed time. Food is subjective but I can say that our meals were wonderful; I never had anything that I did not like or that wasn't cooked to my liking and I felt that the portions were quite adequate. Sometimes the waiters in the lounge were busy, if so we just went up to the bar and got our own drinks but this rarely happened. All drinks are included on a Scenic cruise and they poured a good one; we enjoy our wines and found the choices onboard to be more than acceptable.

The tour guides at each port of call were some of the best ones I have every experienced and all of the tours were most enjoyable. The embarkation and disembarkation were the best I have experienced - being taken personally to the cabin (with champagne and rose in hand) and shown around was a perfect beginning.

Was it all perfect - of course not. The evening entertainer was great at playing the piano but should not open his mouth to sing. Also, our room steward had to be reminded to replenish items a couple of times.

Are they a 5 star? In some areas yes; in some I would rate them 4 to 4.5 - still very favourable. I would not hesitate to recommend a Scenic cruise and plan to use them again for my next river cruise.

its been awhile since I checked that Member review section and very pleased to see 5 reviews of 5 star listed.

Thanks all that take time to post there.I always check that section prior to booking,along with reading threads here.:)

Archived