Arubalisa -HELP. (Or anyone with advice)

dst

You are the expert and I need your advice (if you don't mind)

We are getting married on the Breeze in January and have a group of 24 sailing with us; we have been to Aruba before so we are familiar but I am struggling on what to do as a group

Can you recommend - we would like to hang out at a nice beach that has some opportunity for shade (my mom and an infant will be joining us) that may have food, some snorkel, loungers and of course drinks ;)

Any suggestions would be appreciated

How about a day pass at one of the hotels? Arubalisa has a post several threads down on this page where she describes some hotel all inclusive day passes, how much they are, and what you get for your money.

Congratulations on your wedding.

Thanks - we are doing an AI on one of the other stops so really don't want to do another one.... Just want a beach where we can spend a few hours, have lunch and then possibly walk around town and shop a bit

You could take your chances on shade and head to Eagle Beach but you would not have a guarantee of shade.

You could head to Palm Beach and rent chaises and umbrellas.

Neither Palm or Eagle Beaches offer snorkeling.

For everything you are looking for including snorkeling, you could head to Baby Beach, but you would need transportation.

Transportation is going to be your biggest concern. Taxis by law can only carry a maximum of 5 people. You could try contacting Sonny Binns or Kini Kini Tours for mini bus transportation.

You could perhaps rent 2- 12 passenger vans, though not sure it would be worth the time and expense for 4 hours at the beach.

Another idea, is to book a De Palm Island excursion through the ship. This would at least include transportation and there are plenty of activities including the water park as well as snorkeling.

My last idea would be time on the water on Tranquilo. You could do a private sail http://www.tranquiloaruba.com/tours/custom-tailored-charters/ and there is shade at the back of the boat.

You could take your chances on shade and head to Eagle Beach but you would not have a guarantee of shade.

You could head to Palm Beach and rent chaises and umbrellas.

Neither Palm or Eagle Beaches offer snorkeling.

For everything you are looking for including snorkeling, you could head to Baby Beach, but you would need transportation.

Transportation is going to be your biggest concern. Taxis by law can only carry a maximum of 5 people. You could try contacting Sonny Binns or Kini Kini Tours for mini bus transportation.

You could perhaps rent 2- 12 passenger vans, though not sure it would be worth the time and expense for 4 hours at the beach.

Another idea, is to book a De Palm Island excursion through the ship. This would at least include transportation and there are plenty of activities including the water park as well as snorkeling.

My last idea would be time on the water on Tranquilo. You could do a private sail http://www.tranquiloaruba.com/tours/custom-tailored-charters/ and there is shade at the back of the boat.

Thanks so much - we will all grab different taxis and make our way to a beach (the tour looks nice but not everyone wants to sail)

Do you know anything about Moomba Beach?

Moomba should be great for your group. Again, no snorkeling, but everything else you could possibly want!

moombaa_sm.jpg moombab_sm.jpg

Thanks so much - this looks perfect for us - snorkeling will have to wait :)

How long (or cost) will it take us to get here?

Thanks so much - this looks perfect for us - snorkeling will have to wait :)

How long (or cost) will it take us to get here?

The taxi fare will be $11 for up to a maximum of 5 people per taxi. Add an additional $3 on Sundays or holiday.

We are planning on just doing a walking tour, will the shops, floating market, museums etc. be open on Christmas eve?

The floating market is in Curaçao. ;) Stores should be open, though some may close earlier than their usual 6 pm. Museums? Not sure, but thinking they too will be open early. They will be closed Christmas Day and the following day, Boxing Day.

You are the expert and I need your advice (if you don't mind)

We are getting married on the Breeze in January and have a group of 24 sailing with us; we have been to Aruba before so we are familiar but I am struggling on what to do as a group

Can you recommend - we would like to hang out at a nice beach that has some opportunity for shade (my mom and an infant will be joining us) that may have food, some snorkel, loungers and of course drinks ;)

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!

We are going to Boca Catalina in the AM for snorkeling and then down to Eagle Beach to have some other beach time. The bus is budget friendly for us (only 2 of us) at $2.30 per person. For the ones in your group that want to snorkel, you guys could go do that and then meet up with the rest of your group at another beach.

I have researched a lot about snorkeling in Aruba and I have read many people that snorkel say that it is a must in Aruba. I just know that if we don't do it, we'll regret it later.:D

Have a great cruise and wedding & I wish you two much happiness!!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!

We are going to Boca Catalina in the AM for snorkeling and then down to Eagle Beach to have some other beach time. The bus is budget friendly for us (only 2 of us) at $2.30 per person. For the ones in your group that want to snorkel, you guys could go do that and then meet up with the rest of your group at another beach.

I have researched a lot about snorkeling in Aruba and I have read many people that snorkel say that it is a must in Aruba. I just know that if we don't do it, we'll regret it later.:D

Have a great cruise and wedding & I wish you two much happiness!!

Thank you so much for your kind words.....

Great idea, I will give this option to anyone who wants to try and do both

The taxi fare will be $11 for up to a maximum of 5 people per taxi. Add an additional $3 on Sundays or holiday.

Thanks so much - now all we have to do is wait for the day to get here :D

Archived