I wish Priceline would drop the Hyatt Pier 66 from their Beach Zone!

kelmac

For years, Priceline has included the Hyatt Pier 66 in with the Beach Zone. It's only a couple of hundred yards away from the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina and the Renaissance. These two hotels are listed as "Downtown" FLL.

The Hyatt Pier 66 is about a mile from the beach, and I'm not please that it's been scooping up all the "Beach Zone" bids as of late.

The hotel is okay, but Priceline people always end up with the run down rooms in the back area of the hotel. Yes, you may get an upgrade, if you are willing to pony up some more money -- I have no problem with this, except they have always said "no" when I try it. :rolleyes::)

Kel:D

For years, Priceline has included the Hyatt Pier 66 in with the Beach Zone. It's only a couple of hundred yards away from the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina and the Renaissance. These two hotels are listed as "Downtown" FLL.

The Hyatt Pier 66 is about a mile from the beach, and I'm not please that it's been scooping up all the "Beach Zone" bids as of late.

The hotel is okay, but Priceline people always end up with the run down rooms in the back area of the hotel. Yes, you may get an upgrade, if you are willing to pony up some more money -- I have no problem with this, except they have always said "no" when I try it. :rolleyes::)

I have heard this complaint (about run down rooms through Priceline) more times than I can remember. My #1 reason for not using it. I much prefer to pay for the room I want, at the hotel I want, with no nasty surprises later.

I have heard this complaint (about run down rooms through Priceline) more times than I can remember. My #1 reason for not using it. I much prefer to pay for the room I want, at the hotel I want, with no nasty surprises later.

I've booked over a hundred rooms through Priceline and Hotwire and have never had a problem.

My concern is -- when you book a room on the beach, it shouldn't be a mile away from the ocean. All of the other hotels listed as "Beach Zone" in Ft Lauderdale are on the ocean, or at least, just across the street.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

You just said you have booked over 100 rooms through Priceline and never had a problem. Yet the above paragraph was what you wrote earlier. I dont get it.

You just said you have booked over 100 rooms through Priceline and never had a problem. Yet the above paragraph was what you wrote earlier. I dont get it.

Yes, I said the hotel was okay. The rooms out back are not as nice as the tower rooms, but they are fine, even if they are a bit run down. My problem is not with the overall quality of the rooms, but the fact that the hotel is a mile from the ocean. How can you be classified as being in the "Beach Zone" when you are that far from the ocean?

Enjoy!

Kel:)

I agree, Kelmac, that the Hyatt is not a "real" beach hotel. :rolleyes: Because I wouldn't be thrilled to get that hotel when we want a beach front (or across the street) ,we use Hotwire or LMT. Priceline's areas in many cities are too broad for us.

Stoneharborlady, When booking Pl rooms, we are most often given their standard or deluxe room. Never have we been put in a dirty or "rundown" room. If we would be, we would complain and ask to be moved. There is no excuse for a hotel to offer "nasty " rooms to anyone and shouldn't be tolerated. Will you be given the "best in the house" rooms, when people are willing to pay full price for them..of course not. But we have been given beautiful rooms with balcony oceanviews when the hotel isn't at peak capacity. Just depends. If location of a room in a hotel/resort is not an issue, the savings that you can get on PL are certainly the plus. Getting two nights for the price of one at a 4 star resort is the draw for us.;) And I LOVE "playing the game".

HMMM, thought the 66 was in the beach zone. Everything east of the ICW is beach zone, west is not(downtown). And the 66 is east of the ICW.:cool:

That's correct, but I think the OP wishes Priceline would adjust their classification system to not paint with such a broad brush.

I have received rooms twice via Hotwire at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66. Always recieve the Lanai rooms but they always ask me whether I want a pool or harbor view room. For the price, both are fine and have always enjoyed the room. Bob:)

I have received rooms twice via Hotwire at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66. Always recieve the Lanai rooms but they always ask me whether I want a pool or harbor view room. For the price, both are fine and have always enjoyed the room. Bob:)

That's the key when using the discount sites. If one wants to save $$$, the discount sites certainly do the trick. :)

If very particular about room selection/location, then using discount sites would not be for that traveler.

Stayed there in Feb. We asked to upgrade to the highrise part and got a great room for nothing extra. I just signed up for the prefered customer card or whatever its called and gave them the number when i checked in. Not a bad hotel at all.they have a shuttle to driver you around for a small fee.

Archived