Iceleand Aug 12

Fixit2010

I have booked for the Icelandic tour this August. DW says it will be very cold. I think it will be about 70 degrees.

Has anyone been to Iceland in August?

Are we talking short or long sleeves in day time?

Warm enough to lay on deck?

I have driven a UK ford and a US ford, but never an Icelandic fjord.

Have any of the respondents been to Iceland? Yes 70 is possible and probable. Possible rain, like anywhere else, but certainly not likely. In addition, swimming ALL THE TIME...even in snow...the pools are geothermal......hot as heck! Swimming is their national obsession...enjoy...it's a beautiful country!

Have any of the respondents been to Iceland? Yes 70 is possible and probable. Possible rain, like anywhere else, but certainly not likely. In addition, swimming ALL THE TIME...even in snow...the pools are geothermal......hot as heck! Swimming is their national obsession...enjoy...it's a beautiful country!

Yes, we were in Iceland early August 2008, on QE2. It was cold and rainy. EM

I have booked for the Icelandic tour this August. DW says it will be very cold. I think it will be about 70 degrees.

Has anyone been to Iceland in August?

Are we talking short or long sleeves in day time?

Warm enough to lay on deck?

I have driven a UK ford and a US ford, but never an Icelandic fjord.

Come and join the roll call for this cruise ...it is pretty active:)

wow certainly a lot of mixed thoughts. Should I have done a hot places cruise instead? Nahh I like the Eclipse and never been to Icelenad, lets hope it will be hot though... ok warm enough to enjoy sitting out on deck.

Haven't been to Iceland, but am booked on the other Eclipse cruise that goes there this year in July so have researched the temperatures. Absolute high record for Reykjavik was 75° in August eight years ago. General weather stats indicate more likely 55-60. The other stop in Iceland is Akureyri which is further north and likely to be cooler. You are being optimistic, but I hope you are more right than me;)

Phil

Archived