I just wanted to come back and post..

Izzybeff

And let you know that I took my first solo cruise and really enjoyed it.

I wasn't sure when I booked it, but once I got on the boat I knew it would be fine.

I met a ton of people and I was amazed that people were so willing to invite me to join them for dinner, shows, etc. I ended up meeting a couple from Houston and spent quite a bit of the trip with them and I think they will end up being life long friends.

I only had one odd incidence and it was actually with another women that seemed a little odd, but was nothing really.

It was great to have a cabin to myself, do what I wanted, when I wanted.

I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. The only change I would make, is that I would make sure I had some type of excursion planned in every port. Even if it was just an hour tour around the city or something. The one day I didn't have anything planned left me a little lost.

If you've been trying to decide whether to go solo or not, I would encourage you to try it once.

I thank you also for the update. I have enjoyed my solo cruises and have always met other people on board, not necessarily always solo cruisers, but couples and families and a solo here and there. Thanks again for posting your experience and so glad you had a great cruise.:)

Good for you Izzybeff...glad to hear it! The first time I was solo on Explorer of the Seas, I couldn't look at her up close because I was intimidated by her size!

But I went and had a fabulous time. Yes, the people make the cruise!

Soon, I will be on my 5th and 6th cruises, and they are back to back, a first for me! Looking forward to this very much!

Donna

And let you know that I took my first solo cruise and really enjoyed it.

I wasn't sure when I booked it, but once I got on the boat I knew it would be fine.

I met a ton of people and I was amazed that people were so willing to invite me to join them for dinner, shows, etc. I ended up meeting a couple from Houston and spent quite a bit of the trip with them and I think they will end up being life long friends.

I only had one odd incidence and it was actually with another women that seemed a little odd, but was nothing really.

It was great to have a cabin to myself, do what I wanted, when I wanted.

I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. The only change I would make, is that I would make sure I had some type of excursion planned in every port. Even if it was just an hour tour around the city or something. The one day I didn't have anything planned left me a little lost.

If you've been trying to decide whether to go solo or not, I would encourage you to try it once.

I had so much fun on my last cruise going solo that I wonder if I might be a little disappointed that I'm going with a friend on the next one. :eek:

I met so many great people, as you said, and was invited to dinner, shows, or to just hang out. That hasn't happened to me when I'm cruising with someone. I also LOVED having the room to myself, nap when you want, or turn on a light in the middle of the night, get ready and go and don't wait for anyone else, it was great!

I had so much fun on my last cruise going solo that I wonder if I might be a little disappointed that I'm going with a friend on the next one. :eek:!

Solo cruising is the best! I had this happen I went solo for 9 days, was the best cruise. Around a month later was on another cruise for 5 days but not solo. It was really weird cruising with someone. Whist I had a great time it wasn't nearly as fun as when I cruised solo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Hello All!

I just finished my first solo cruise and it was great!! I met wonderful people and had a blast, mostly with people I met through cruise critic.

Being a solo cruiser, made me aware of other solo cruisers. Previously when I was cruising in a group, I never noticed someone cruising solo, I will now. Meeting new people is a good part of what cruising is all about. I cherish the new friends I made and look forward to meeting new ones, solo cruising or not.

IOM people who cruise are WONDERFUL friendly people who are on vacation to relax and have a good time.

I will absolutely cruise solo again.;)

I also love cruising solo so much, I doubt I would ever cruise again with someone else.

4 years ago, my cousin asked to come with me and whilst there were more good times than bad, I just did not enjoy it as much. Despite knowing her so well and having had holidays together when we were younger, it seemed we'd both changed over the years in different directions. We didn't argue, were respectful of each others space, compromised when we differed and did have a lot of fun too but it just didn't feel as enjoyable as usual. It just came down to me feeling restrained. This will no doubt sound selfish but having to constantly consider what she wanted to do and when felt restrictive. I also noticed that I interacted less with other passengers and crew.

What I love most about cruising solo is the freedom to skip dinner if I want to, sleep in late or have an afternoon nap without worrying that I'm spoiling someone else's plans for the day, do exactly what i want when I go ashore or not even go ashore at all. I get all of this too when I have a land based holiday solo but what that lacks is the amount of interaction with others that you get on a cruise and it's on your terms.

I smile to myself when occasionally another passenger or crew member seems to think it's a shame I'm on my own, are they kidding, I'm happy as Larrynand having the time of my life!

So great to hear. I just booked a solo on the Indy for February 2014, with the thought that I may find someone to join me by then. But I keep thinking how much I'd rather be solo, have the cabin all to myself, not have to worry about what someone else wants to do. So I'm leaning towards leaving things as they are. My only real concern about going solo is not being able to put sun tan lotion on my back by myself! lol

I'm so glad everybody seems to have such a good time when going solo! I am anxious to book one for myself It probably won't be until 2014 or even 2015 (unless my friends back out of the Mediterranean in October, I'm going on that with or without them!). Seeing everybody's reviews sure does make me want to hurry up the time!

Trixie :D

Archived