Sharing /Elite question?

zoncom

Am Celebrity Elite, considering doing a month cruise with cruisemate, not a close friend. Question is how to handle my benefits, which cost many thousands to reach. Yes,I know cabinmate can be eligible,but I question allowing her to benefit gratis from what cost me so much. Any imput? Thanks.

I guess I'm not understanding your question. As long as none of these perks are costing you any money, why have a problem? It's just a couple of drinks in the Happy Hour Lounge and a not so great breakfast consisting of some juice and pastries. If you don't want her to get any of the perks, then you go to the Happy Hour and breakfasts by yourself. After that, there's really nothing more that she'll get by rooming with you.

Am Celebrity Elite, considering doing a month cruise with cruisemate, not a close friend. Question is how to handle my benefits, which cost many thousands to reach. Yes,I know cabinmate can be eligible,but I question allowing her to benefit gratis from what cost me so much. Any imput? Thanks.

Why would you be stingy with benefits that don't cost you anything? Her having access to the lounge for drinks before dinner, or throwing a couple of t-shirts into the laundry bag, doesn't seem like a big deal - it costs you nothing and will be nice for her. Sure, it took a lot to get you to that status, but now that you're there they don't cost you anything - it's not like you're going to overuse the benefits and lose your status. Don't be greedy and share with your friend (IMO)

If your potential cruise mate is not a close friend, I don't think I would want to start off a 30 day voyage by letting her know I am sorry but you can not join me in any of my benefits because you haven't earned them like I have. That may cause hard feelings and make the whole 30 days a poor trip for both of you. If you were to be the gracious host and allow her to join in with you I think you would both have a much more enjoyable trip. Happy Sailing

If your potential cruise mate is not a close friend, I don't think I would want to start off a 30 day voyage by letting her know I am sorry but you can not join me in any of my benefits because you haven't earned them like I have. That may cause hard feelings and make the whole 30 days a poor trip for both of you. If you were to be the gracious host and allow her to join in with you I think you would both have a much more enjoyable trip. Happy Sailing

What a lovely, diplomatic way to say it!

If your potential cruise mate is not a close friend, I don't think I would want to start off a 30 day voyage by letting her know I am sorry but you can not join me in any of my benefits because you haven't earned them like I have.

And, similarly, while I understand the OP's situation, I don't think it would be appropriate to ask the cruisemate to pay or reimburse for the elevated benefits.

"What goes 'round...comes 'round"...share it for heaven's sake!

Isn't having a cabin mate actually SAVING you money, since you don't have to pay a single supplement? I'd share the benefits since Celebrity allows it....if it were a different cruise line (like Royal) that does not allow/encourage cabinmates sharing benefits it would be different...

Not to mention, looking at it from a purely selfish point of view, if you improve her experience on the cruise by allowing her to share in your elite benefits she is more likely to want to take more cruises...thus giving you a travel partner for future cruises...thus giving you the opportunity for MORE future cruises because of the lower price you will have to pay! :)

Archived