Carrying case of wine onboard; procedure?

We are getting married Aug. 21st aboard the Island Princess, and we'll be carrying on a case of wine and champagne for the reception dinner. Anyone have experience with this? Do we just carry a cardboard wine box on through customs, or does someone from Princess take it for us? We are going into Vancouver the day before, so our plan is to go to a local wine store and get the last few bottles of champagne and a wine box. I assume we just have to let them now it is for a wedding party and thus the dozen or so bottles which certainly exceeds their 1 per person limit.

We called Princess, and they told us to call TWE to have them make those arrangements. We received an email from TWE stating they would call Princess and let them know we'd be bringing the wine onboard. So I guess we'll just show up with the email from TWE and the wine.

Princess allows wine and champagne to be brought onboard, period amen. Last New Year's cruise, we took a small drag-a-long suitcase onboard full of at least 20 bottles of wine and champagne. NO PROBLEM whatsoever! My husband lifted the suitcase onto the scanner when checking in and told the person it was filled with wine and champagne and was heavy. He laughed, scanned it and said "Have a Happy New Year" and we were off. So you will have not worries sailing and taking along your wine and champagne!

Archived