Live on Maasdam - Part 2

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know we had the most fantastic day yet on the Maasdam. We were in Sydney today, and had sunny skies, high in the 60's. My aunt and I rented a car from Hertz (they came right to the pier to pick us up), and drove to Baddeck. It was a nice scenic ride and a cute little town to explore.

Right now, we just finished dinner in the Pinnacle Grille (excellent), and I am watching the sunset with Cape Breton island visible on the horizon. Its just beautiful. Walking over here through the Explorer's Lounge, there were a lucky group of us that saw 5 hump back whales ride along side of the ship.

I read everyones comments and questions from my last post, and will respond to all, if not onboard, then when I return.

Sail7Seas, today (Tues in Sydney) we did have baked salmon - however it was available at the Lido buffet, and not specially cooked on deck so I am not sure if that is what you are referring to.

Shy says hi to everyone - he is truly very special.

More later, bye for now.

To all who are doing this cruise this season, you are in for a real treat

Cheers,

Joanne

Glad to hear that you are still having such a great time and great weather, Joanne! (What a difference one week makes!)

BTW, there was one day last week when they did grill salmon out on the Lido deck - just can't recall which day it was though.

Isn't Shy the greatest?! What a sweetheart! Hope you have enjoyed the Piano Bar. We were there almost every night last week. Bill is so good, and Dan and Laverne at the bar there are so sweet too. It was so fun to do sing-alongs until late in the night, with old familiar songs. Bill loves to get his audience involved in singing the songs with him.

Hope you continue to have a great cruise this week. You have some beautiful stops ahead of you, particularly Quebec City and Montreal!

Happy cruising...

Linda

Hi all

Ligil,

Bill in the Piano Bar is great, we have been there most nights too. In fact, it is just after midnight and I am just leaving. Tonight was Billy Joel night and a lot of fun. Dan was there too, and in fact he sang a song for us.

Last night we saw a magic act in the show lounge called DV8, they said they were new to this ship, just off the Veendam. They started slow, wasnt sure I would like them, but then thought they were really good (a husband and wife team)

Well, off to bed - ship is sailing smooth, clear skies, and all is well here. Cant believe it is half way over! :(

Goodnight,

Joanne

Hi!

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time! Appreciate your posting 'live'!

I got off the ship 5/15 & miss all my new friends SO much! I was lucky enough to have Shy as our waiter-he is THE BEST & SO very sweet! Please tell him to look for a letter addressed to just 'Shy' as I lost his last name. Also, PLEASE look for Roland who works the lido buffet line (for breakfast, he is the one dishing out eggs, french toast, ect.) If you tell him Pat from Phila. says "Hi", I'm sure you will get a BIG smile. He is SO sweet & has a GREAT smile. The whole Crew is awesome!

Have a GREAT time!

THANKS again for posting while on board!

rocks

Archived