Roll Call, SD1 April 16th, San Juan

Jim Avery

Dear Jim -

ZQ VOl and I will have just returned from a week at WDW - a very different experience.

If you and Lois encounter Christophe, Martijn or Eric, please have Lois give them a hug and kiss for me.

FT

Hi folks. As I understand the schedule (explained to me several weeks ago and, of course, subject to change) Christophe will be on SD2 that week, I'm not sure about Martijn's schedule that week although he has just left for vacation and may not be back at work by April 16 and I'm not sure about Eric although my best guess is that he'll be on SD2 that week, if he's working then. Tomasz should just be back from vacation and is scheduled to be Hotel Manager on SD1 that week.

ctbjr -

when I last spoke with Martijn he was complaining that since he had broken up with his girlfriend in the US, he was going to have to go home to his parents, poor baby.

Any news on Richard - did he return from holiday engaged?

Jim -- We would love to permanently vacation somewhere in the Islands, but haven't quite got the guts to tell dear children they are on their own . . . can't wait until the last tuitition check is paid . . but since Radisson is going all inclusive in 2007 we're thinking about the South Seas adventure for our run away from children escape. You and Lois game? Cbjr - we're trying to draft Disney Jen and Andy also (planning events are scheduled for SD III)

FT

ctbjr -

when I last spoke with Martijn he was complaining that since he had broken up with his girlfriend in the US, he was going to have to go home to his parents, poor baby.

Any news on Richard - did he return from holiday engaged?

Jim -- We would love to permanently vacation somewhere in the Islands, but haven't quite got the guts to tell dear children they are on their own . . . can't wait until the last tuitition check is paid . . but since Radisson is going all inclusive in 2007 we're thinking about the South Seas adventure for our run away from children escape. You and Lois game? Cbjr - we're trying to draft Disney Jen and Andy also (planning events are scheduled for SD III)

FT

Hi FT,

Martijn started his vacation several weeks ago by heading to Rio with some friends. Can't imagine that he would have any fun there....

Perhaps if he's spending the rest of his time at home with parents he'll return to work earlier than otherwise.

Richard is still away and last I heard was continuing to wrestle with the engagement situation. I am fairly confident that I know how that situation will turn out. I know both Richard and his prospective fiance and they are both great people.

DJ and Andy would be good companions for your Radisson adventure. We're hoping to see them on SD again one of these days as well.

ctbjr -

FT

Hi FT/ZQVOL:

South Seas Adventure sounds great and looking forward to Radissons all inclusive plan but we have booked QE2 Transatlantic in 2007 which entails visiting relatives in Europe prior to voyage. Lois's Mom is 80 in the Fall so Arizona is a must. Only leaves 1 week to try and wedge a SD trip somewhere nearby. You guys have a blast (I know you will as long as the champagne holds out).

All the Best,

J & L.

We are still playing with schedules here ...

Actually after our short visit back north to visit family Andy has committed us to spending a week in November in Aruba with my parents, a week in June in the Finger Lakes of NY with his brother and wife, and a long weekend in August on Long Beach Island in NJ with our bareboat sailing cousins. Mind you we have a week at Disney World in June ... when we hope to see Ctbjr and wife!

DH also asked some of his family to join us on a SD Caribbean cruise in early '07.

Still trying to fit the SDIII into the mix FT:p

• 2 weeks later...

Anegada ... (insert "sigh" smilie). Kate and Pattie I hope you get to see this beautiful island on your April 16 cruise!

How right you are Ctb:D Actually my head is there anytime anyone mentions the BVIs!

FT and I are having dinner with another friend tomorrow evening ... I think I am going to have to wear FT down so that she will join us on another SD cruise. I know her DH will appreciate my efforts:p

Yes DH will appreciate your efforts - however, since I'm driving I don't think my stubborness will evaporate (or be drowned) tomorrow at dinner! Unfortunately, with respect to Caribbean SD cruises DH's academic calendar only accommodates holiday weeks - and with two bumps for a charter and the "kiddie cruise" I've sworn to avoid SD cruises on those weeks.

FT

• 5 weeks later...

Hi DisneyJen:

Dont know about posting from the ship, remember, Im the guy that cant even fit in a workout. Will do a complete review when I am back at work. Yuck. Dont even want to think about it. Anyway, continue to work on FT about the charter.

Jim.

You got me Ctbjr!!

Actually I meant to give the photo CD to FT before she left for spring break on the chance that you two got together this week. Guess it will have to wait until we see you in June:p

Not to worry Jim as we all know we would much rather post on CC than work. We'll wear FT down:p

2nd try at this - the server "ate" my last posting.

DH and I were just whining yesterday that we should really have been boarding the SDII in Antigua instead of dining with the masses at Epcot. While the suishi and fireworks were quite pleasant it wasn't remotely resemb ling the SD II experience (and signing the chit was quite unpleasant . . . but does reduce the drinking).

Ctbjr - I ran into a partner of yours from the Miami office in Tampa earlier in the week. I had a memory lapse and coudn't remember your last name . . . but as soon as I described your love of crusing and SD he knew who I was talking about!!!!

DisneyJen - traveling over Thanksgiving is not an option for us yet but maybe the 2nd annual girls' week away from home could be moved to late November - - - course that means Andy would either have to stay at home or . . . . maybe he would look good in a two piece bathing suit and some curlers.

Wearing me down for a charter - I'll happily go anytime -- but arranging one -- SD requires 50% down and a letter of credit for the balance. A week in the Med is about $500,000 so until we win the lottery - someone else has to put up the big money. Any volunteers?

FT

FT,

Too bad that you were at EPCOT yesterday, rather than in Antigua. Probably all for the best, however as the SD2 April crossing is no longer listed on the SD website.

Haven't yet heard from my partner who you met in Tampa. I guess that I'm developing quite a reputation among my partners. Wonder how I can convince them to give my billable hour credit for the time I spend cruising.

Now, regarding the thought of Mr. Andy in a 2 piece and curlers......never mind.

If anybody decides to put a charter together, keep us in mind. We're generally fairly easy when it comes to SD cruises.

So here I am, cleaning up from dinner with our Brazilian friends who now live in Belguim, and I am howling ... at the thought of Mr. Andy in a two piece and curlers ... although he does strike an uncanny resemblance to a certain golfer who just won the Masters ...but that is an after dinner story at the Top of the Yacht.

Mr. Andy said to tell you that you might catch him in a two piece but never with curlers even if Alan is playing that magically 80's disco CD that we listened to after the caviar and champagne splash!

Now that we have the lottery in NC we should pull our funds ... what do you think FT:D

We need to talk about the annual run-away from home FT! We may even let Ctbjr and Mr. Andy join us ... with two-pieces and curlers of course! Mr. Andy is adamant about wearing the curlers ... although Ctbjr will tell you that he knows the right combo at the Top of the Yacht for the curlers.

Mr. Andy said to tell you that you might catch him in a two piece but never with curlers even if Alan is playing that magically 80's disco CD that we listened to after the caviar and champagne splash!

We need to talk about the annual run-away from home FT! We may even let Ctbjr and Mr. Andy join us ... with two-pieces and curlers of course! Mr. Andy is adamant about wearing the curlers ... although Ctbjr will tell you that he knows the right combo at the Top of the Yacht for the curlers.

You know, speaking of Alan, he and Maggie are booked on the April 16 SD1 cruise. Wonder what kind of stories we'll hear about that one??? P.S. I have a copy of Alan's CD, so beware....

I'll have no further comment about two-pieces or curlers as I am confident that Mr. Andy can get himself in plenty of trouble without further assistance from me.

Archived