Dawn Princess going to miss Fiordland National Park??

I noticed when the Dawn Princess was leaving Sydney this afternoon, the webcam first said they where heading for Fiordland

ShowImage.aspx?i=164585

and then later on the web cam said they are heading to Port Chalmers (Dunedin) :confused:

ShowImage.aspx?i=164597

DAWN PRINCESS at ShipWatcher

ether they stuff up the web cam or the Dawn Princess going to miss Fiordland National Park??, :confused:

Would that be because she having more engine problems or same engine problems?? :rolleyes:

I don't think it would be the weather as the weather down there for Friday (18/11/2011), looks OK.

Has anyone head anything?

I noticed when the Dawn Princess was leaving Sydney this afternoon, the webcam first said they where heading for Fiordland

ShowImage.aspx?i=164585

and then later on the web cam said they are heading to Port Chalmers (Dunedin) :confused:

ShowImage.aspx?i=164597

DAWN PRINCESS at ShipWatcher

ether they stuff up the web cam or the Dawn Princess going to miss Fiordland National Park??, :confused:

Would that be because she having more engine problems or same engine problems?? :rolleyes:

I don't think it would be the weather as the weather down there for Friday (18/11/2011), looks OK.

Has anyone head anything?

OK, off to Email my son about that-he's staff on the Dawn.

Surprisingly, our son just called us with the answer. Apparently there change was weather-related. The Sea Princess had a similar problem-weather (high winds) forced them to miss Fjiordland NP a few weeks ago. Also, the exposure to high winds a couple weeks ago was a big contributing factor to the mechanical problems with the Dawn's propeller (at least that was the official line.), I think it was the Tasman Sea. So the captain may be being careful.

So thank you, cruise critic members for giving a reason for our unexpected and uncommon phone call from our son-it was a real pleasure talking to him.

This morning the satellite photo shows she's in one of the sounds but the camera photo doesn't match...strange?

The satelite generated one is not live. It is all preprogrammed before they leave so if there is any alteration it will still show the original course. The web cam is not updating either which does not help..

Archived