Has anyone been on the Train, Boat & Bus Adventure?

PlanningNextCruise

My DH and I will be on Royal Caribbean's Brillance of the Sea Panamal Canal Cruise this February. We are very excited about the Caribbean Train, Boat and Bus Adventure but.......the first sentence of the boat description states "your will be given life jackets TO WEAR during the cruise on the Tortugero Canals". None of the other tours of the canals talk about wearing life jackets, but they also don't seem to offer the opportunity to see as much as this tour offers. Here's my question....has anyone done this tour? Can you describe the type of boat is used or better yet, does anyone have pictures? I just want to make sure there is no chance of us tipping over and landing in the water with the crocodiles.

Cindy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Cindy, I hear what you're saying about crocodiles. :-o I've seen canoe trips overed. No way for me. Sorry I can't answer your question. It seems so hard to get an answer on these boards. When in February are you going? I'll be on the February 23 sailing on the Brilliance. :)

Hey Planning,

I answered you on the main board, but I will do it again . The tour companies have to provide vests (and make sure you wear them) as part of the regulations required to become a ship's tour. These companies go through a very thorough investigation of how they run their businesses and how they maintain their equipment and how they handle the safety of the people that the cruise ship sending off with these tours. Any tour that includes a boat must include life vests, except a few swimming type excursion. We even had to use them in a kayak because of the requirements which made it hard to paddle and it was very ironic because we kayaked to an island with the vests on in about 4 feet of water and then we took off the vests and snorkeled into about 15 feet of water.

I am sorry but I can't help with the size of the boat on this tour but have fun in whatever you decide to do.

Sue L,

Thank you for your response. I feel better knowing that you have been required to wear a vest on a tour before.

I does seem a little silly to wear the vest in shallow water and then be without it in the deep water.

I appreciate the fact that you responded to both post.

Choozin',

Have a great trip. I am anxious to hear which tour you end up selecting. It will help my post trip blues knowing that you are there and enjoying your experience.

Cindy

Hey Planning

Also remember these tours are designed for the passengers to have a good time and to be safe. They are not going to do anything to endanger anyone, but do make sure you pay attention to any safety instructions they give on any tour. I always pay attention to where the exits are on planes too. :D

Archived