Le Havre....shuttles?

emilygrace

Can anyone advise me if there are shuttles from the pier into central Le Havre? And is there a fee? This is our first trip to Europe and I'm trying to get an idea of how much cash ($$$, £££, and Euros) to have with me.

It was supplied free of charge by the local tourist office when we were in Le Havre on NORWEGIAN JADE:

2009NCLJADE20412-vi.jpg

2009NCLJADE20411-vi.jpg

Regards,

HeinBloed

I was in Le Havre in September and there was only a paying shuttle... I think it was 12 or 15 euros (i.e. pretty expensive)

We ended walking to the train station (to go to Rouen) which took about 20 minutes. In retrospect, we should've taken a cab because we got lost! We almost missed our train.

Heinbloed, thanks for the heads up. I just checked all my alternate symbols on my keyboard and I don't have one for Euros. Maybe because I am using a MacBook and not a full size keyboard???

Try Alt-2. That works on my MacBookPro, with both its own keyboard and an external keyboard. I'm using OS X 10.5.8 .

Hi - For those of you who have been to Le Harve, are there guides in the port who will do D-Day tours? I have been on the Roll Call for my trip, but I think that, although it is not for another 7 months, many of the folks have arranged priveate tours. We jsut booked the trip so I am a little behind everyone else. I have been researching some guides, but haven't come up with anything that looks great and is reasonably priced. I know the euro is high but some of these guides want upwards of 1200+ euros for the day :eek: . Even with 8 passengers that is a bunch of money. So I am just looking for some alternatives if I don't find anything in my research.

Thanks - Ronnie

It was supplied free of charge by the local tourist office when we were in Le Havre on NORWEGIAN JADE:

2009NCLJADE20412-vi.jpg

2009NCLJADE20411-vi.jpg

Regards,

HeinBloed

Thanks for info, hopefully they will be available when we get there. Do you have any recommendations for LeHavre or areas in the vicinity? The last time we stopped there, we went into Paris but it was a long trip.

Thanks for info, hopefully they will be available when we get there. Do you have any recommendations for LeHavre or areas in the vicinity? The last time we stopped there, we went into Paris but it was a long trip.

Here is our tour or what we did last May in Le Havre:

http://heinbloed-cruiseguides.blogspot.com/2009/05/le-havre-france-private-tour-car-rental.html

Giverny, Rouen and Honfleur...

Regards,

HeinBloed

Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures. The places you visited look wonderful and Monet is my favorite artist. But we are not comfortable with renting a car in foreign country and hope we will find a tour that will take us to these places. Anyone have a recommendation for tour or driver and car?

Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures. The places you visited look wonderful and Monet is my favorite artist. But we are not comfortable with renting a car in foreign country and hope we will find a tour that will take us to these places. Anyone have a recommendation for tour or driver and car?

You find taxi tours just in front of the cruise terminal...

2009NCLJADE20403-vi.jpg

If you need to have a English speaking driver you better pre-book:

Check here:

http://www.taxis-le-havre.com/taxitour/giverny.htm

http://www.taxis-le-havre.com/taxitour/tarif.htmhttp://www.taxis-le-havre.com/taxitour/tarif.htm

Regards,

HeinBloed

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone advise me if there are shuttles from the pier into central Le Havre? And is there a fee? This is our first trip to Europe and I'm trying to get an idea of how much cash ($$$, £££, and Euros) to have with me.

Look at http://www.le-havre-tourism.com/

At the bottom of the page is the e-mail address for the tourism office. I'm sure they can answer all your questions. When we were in Le Havre the shuttle was free, but it might not be anymore.

Archived