Category 10 and Category 11, is there a difference?

Jimbo

Besides the deck and location on the deck is there a difference in the cabin itself(Inside)........Can't firgure out why Category 10 is priced higher then Category 11, The 11's are on a higher deck which most times on other cruiselines means the cabins are more money,can anyone help me understand.

Ship I'm questioning is the Disney Wonder

Jimbo:)

The cat 10 are a little bigger in size and have a split bathroom. Check out the layouts on disneycruise.com. That will help you get an idea of how they are laid out. We have always stayed in the cat.11, but booked a cat 10 for 2007 on disney since the price wasn't that much different.

Never been on a Disney Ship before , Is being on deck 1 or 2 a huge diffrence then beeing on deck 6 or 7.......are the elevators in general pretty quick or will we be waiting for elevators a long time.

Being about $100 more for the Category 10 makes more sense now, paying a little extra for a little more room in the cabin.

Thats weird just checked out the disney site and the beds face different ways in the Category 10 and 11.........Just wondered how your bed in the Category 11 faced, did it face toward the cabin door or toward the wall?

Check out the site and you will see what I mean.

Thanks for your help

Jimbo:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi friends,

I've been researching all week for our Oct. 21 West Carrib cruise with DCL. My family of 5 checked into the difference between cat 10 & 11 and learned that with a cat 10 cabin you can get adjoining rooms. So a family can book adjoining rooms and basically have a suite for less, lots less money. Here's the catch, when we booked, there were no adjoining rooms left so we went to cat 11, saved $$$ for a shore excursion and got side by side rooms.

One last comment. My TA explained to me that with the Disney cruises an adult must be booked into a room with children. The adult then gets the key card. I don't know if you're traveling with kids but my children are 12 years and up. If they want to get into their room, they'll have to hunt either me or my husband for the card to get in. It's more of a problem going on shore with the key card which is also your identity card to get back on board and then back into the room. I know this sounds confusing, it is and I think a weakness of the Disney Cruise but, hey we roll with it.

Enjoy your cruise

• 1 month later...

no_nonsense_nancy- your TA gave you incorrect information. You do need to register an adult in each room, however, all the guests receive a roomkey card and all of them work to open the doors. The children get a key to the world card also and they will work to open the doors just the same as the adult's do. :)

They also use their own key to the world card when going/returning to the ship at ports of call also. However, there may be some rules about them not allowing children under 18 to go alone off the ship- but they do use their own card. If you take you children off the ship you'll have to show their key to the world cards also.

Archived