Does my carry on need a luggage tag?

jburk

I put a tag on everything. One time my DH was carrying on his tux in a suitbag and when we got to port he just handed it over without thinking. Well, a luggage porter took the time to match it up with the other luggage he had been handed and put a tag on for us. Saved us searching for it, so I therefore tag everything.

Ditto the above. I'd at least make sure my name and address was on the bag, in case I left it on Lido Deck after consuming massive amounts of food prior to the cabin being ready. At least that way, the pursers desk could look up my cabin number, and return it to me.

Have a GREAT cruise, and maybe we'll see you aboard.

"SKY"

We make up bright yellow tags with our name, cell number, Ship, cruise date & cabin number...

Wrap it up with clear packing tape & punch a hole on the end...

We then use tie wraps to attach to each piece of luggage...

We also put the same tag on the inside of each piece...

May seem like over kill but it doesn't take that much time to do...

Bob

While it doesn't need one, I always put one on, anyway. In the rush and confusion of boarding, then finding my way around the ship, waiting for the cabins, whatever...I could well set it down, get up and leave without it. That way it has a chance of getting back to me. Takes just a couple of minutes to put on a tag, anyway.

While it doesn't need one, I always put one on, anyway. In the rush and confusion of boarding, then finding my way around the ship, waiting for the cabins, whatever...I could well set it down, get up and leave without it. That way it has a chance of getting back to me. Takes just a couple of minutes to put on a tag, anyway.

Good advice, cats. I also always put an 8 X 10 sheet of paper in my luggage with my name, the name of the ship, and the cruise date on top of my clothes (just in case it gets set down someplace and forgotten) for the return I cross out the previous info and on the back put my name, cell # and address.

Forgot to mention that we also make a second set of tags for the return trip home... :D

We make up bright yellow tags with our name, cell number, Ship, cruise date & cabin number...

Wrap it up with clear packing tape & punch a hole on the end...

We then use tie wraps to attach to each piece of luggage...

We also put the same tag on the inside of each piece...

May seem like over kill but it doesn't take that much time to do...

Bob

Archived