Faroe Islands = Tours with 62N and Greengate.fo

• 1 month later...

I have been in touch with both companies. 62N were very prompt to reply.

They offered a generic tour for 45 at DKK650pp (£75/$117pp); or a bus for 30 at DKK 800pp (£92/$144pp) or finally a private tour for 10 at DKK1200pp £138pp/$216pp).

I then also asked about hiring a car and they would not deliver a car from Torshavn to the dockside at Klaksvik, so I gave up.:rolleyes:

Greengate have offered us a van with driver/guide for DKK8090 - the van will take up to 19 pax (£935/$1458)

I think the country is new to cruising therefore there is not a lot of competition so I personally find the prices too high. So I am still researching what to do.

• 5 months later...
I have been in touch with both companies. 62N were very prompt to reply.

They offered a generic tour for 45 at DKK650pp (£75/$117pp); or a bus for 30 at DKK 800pp (£92/$144pp) or finally a private tour for 10 at DKK1200pp £138pp/$216pp).

I then also asked about hiring a car and they would not deliver a car from Torshavn to the dockside at Klaksvik, so I gave up.:rolleyes:

Greengate have offered us a van with driver/guide for DKK8090 - the van will take up to 19 pax (£935/$1458)

I think the country is new to cruising therefore there is not a lot of competition so I personally find the prices too high. So I am still researching what to do.

Little Britain, we are also on the Eclipse, which tour have you decided on? I was looking at 62N, don't know if we can round up enough people for the Greengate tour you talk about. I know that many from our roll call are taking the local bus into Torshavn.

• 4 weeks later...
We will be there in Sept also. I also think that the tours are expensive. Still looking into what to do.

Yes the tours are expensive but we've booked the full day tour with 62N, would like to see as much of the place as possible since we'll most certainly never go there again.

• 11 months later...

Hi MMDownunder, we did the full day tour with 62N and loved it, thought it was well worth the cost. There's a thread about it from sometime last month I think, you can go back and check it out. I'd told that poster too to go ahead with this tour. I know quite a few from our cruise took the bus into Torshavn, but we felt this longer tour gave us more time on the islands, places we'd most certainly never go back to again. Hope this helps, enjoy your trip:)!

Hi MMDownunder, we did the full day tour with 62N and loved it, thought it was well worth the cost. There's a thread about it from sometime last month I think, you can go back and check it out. I'd told that poster too to go ahead with this tour. I know quite a few from our cruise took the bus into Torshavn, but we felt this longer tour gave us more time on the islands, places we'd most certainly never go back to again. Hope this helps, enjoy your trip:)!

Thank you so much for your response.

Did you go on a small bus or a large one?

When I enquired with 62N they advised they use a large bus (I usually avoid).

I would appreciate comments from anyone who has been on a tour with either of these companies?

We went for the full day tour with 62n in Sept. 2012. It was really worth the cost, as we did a complete tour of a place we probably will not get back to. A gentleman on our cruise organized this, so I am not privy to the ease of making the arrangements or why he picked this company. Going on the 'big' bus was not a problem. By the way, the people who just went into town were quite disappointed with this port, as there was really not much to see or do.

We went for the full day tour with 62n in Sept. 2012. It was really worth the cost, as we did a complete tour of a place we probably will not get back to. A gentleman on our cruise organized this, so I am not privy to the ease of making the arrangements or why he picked this company. Going on the 'big' bus was not a problem. By the way, the people who just went into town were quite disappointed with this port, as there was really not much to see or do.

I was aware that there is little on offer in this port, except getting a bus across the island to the more interesting small Capital.

Why did you think travelling on a big bus wasn't a problem? Was it the style of the bus trip, eg not rushed or something? We've always avoided big bus trips in the past.

I was aware that there is little on offer in this port, except getting a bus across the island to the more interesting small Capital.

Why did you think travelling on a big bus wasn't a problem? Was it the style of the bus trip, eg not rushed or something? We've always avoided big bus trips in the past.

Hi Marion,

1. I'm an easy traveler.

2. Didn't make the arrangements.

3. All participants were congenial and on-time.

4. And not much else to do that day.

Hi Marion,

See if you can find the thread for Aug. 30, 2012 Jewel of the Sea transatlantic - London to Boston. We did many of the same ports as you on Princess and tons of information would be on there about all the private tours we did. It would be in the Royal Caribbean roll calls.

Did you go on a small bus or a large one?

When I enquired with 62N they advised they use a large bus (I usually avoid).

It was a big bus but we were just 18-20 of us, so that wasn't a problem. The guide was very good too, a high school teacher, who was so very proud of his small country and wanted to tell us all about the place and its history!

Hi Marion,

See if you can find the thread for Aug. 30, 2012 Jewel of the Sea transatlantic - London to Boston. We did many of the same ports as you on Princess and tons of information would be on there about all the private tours we did. It would be in the Royal Caribbean roll calls.

Thanks for that. I found the thread. Sounds like you had a very active roll call and a great CC group.

It was a big bus but we were just 18-20 of us, so that wasn't a problem. The guide was very good too, a high school teacher, who was so very proud of his small country and wanted to tell us all about the place and its history!

Thank you for your response.

As we will be on a small ship, I thought we might be luckier enough to have a smaller group also.

Archived