Alaska

CINCYGAL

Is anyone sailing via Westerdam on June 9 going to Alaska? I am looking at the roll call and no one is on this date. I am wondering why.

Some times you get a ship full of people who are not CCer's, I know surprising that could happen but it does. You could post something in roll calls for the Westerdam and see if you can get a few people together. You still have a few weeks to go. I belong to several Alaska roll calls and they are not active at all.

Is anyone sailing via Westerdam on June 9 going to Alaska? I am looking at the roll call and no one is on this date. I am wondering why.

:)I'm on Volendam to Alaska - 3 days before (not much help, huh?):rolleyes:

Does anyone do a M & G with only a few people signed up?

That's the best way! You actually get a chance to sit and talk with each other in a nice, small group.

My roll call has been very quiet as well...am hoping to see some activity as the cruise draws closer, as it would be fun to have an informal M & G...I will keep my fingers crossed that more folks chime in.

That's the best way! You actually get a chance to sit and talk with each other in a nice, small group.

I agree smaller is sometimes better on a rollcall/M&G. There were 2 of us on our last cruise---myself and a man keeping it going. After final payment, a couple of women joined us, then another couple right before sailing. We spent time together on the ship during dinner/shows and are still keeping in touch.

• 3 weeks later...

It still amazes me that most people I mention Cruise Critic to on a cruise haven't heard of it. And these are people who cruise fairly frequently.

I'm also amazed at how many people still don't know how to make pre-cruise purchases online. They're wide-eyed when I tell them I got a space on a sold out excursion by booking it online before I boarded. I wonder if they get their TA or children (or grandchildren!) to do their online check-in.

Roz

It still amazes me that most people I mention Cruise Critic to on a cruise haven't heard of it. And these are people who cruise fairly frequently.

I'm also amazed at how many people still don't know how to make pre-cruise purchases online. They're wide-eyed when I tell them I got a space on a sold out excursion by booking it online before I boarded. I wonder if they get their TA or children (or grandchildren!) to do their online check-in.

Roz

Some people are not computer savy.

And some people have computers but let their TA's do everything -- and not all TA's think about people pre-booking tours, etc.

Our TA takes care of our main booking, arranges for table and fixed dining, some handicapped items that I need. And even though I book our own hotels and air -- she still arranges for me to have wheelchair assistance for the airplanes since some of the airlines will not let you do this directly.

She knows that we do everything else ourselves.

But she will call us and make certain that we didn't have any problems booking anything or printing out whatever we need.

We are lucky to have such a good TA.

I guess because I'm still working I'm forced to use a computer on a daily basis.

KK, that's great that you have such a wonderful TA. There aren't many of those left.

Roz

Ours is pretty slow too...

Does anyone do a M & G with only a few people signed up?

I agree and for whatever reason it appears that Alaska threads are all a little slow this year. It could be the Facebook thing but I think that the Alaska cruises pick up a lot of first time cruisers that don't know about CC. I know that I had been on 2 cruises before I learned about CC. We leave on the Westerdam on June 16 and there are only about 10 people on our thread and half of them are family. Just a thought

I also agree..On one of our NCL cruises there were four of us (2 couples) & only two other couples joined our roll call..We informally agreed to meet on the first sea day & had a wonderful time together..We're still in touch with those other couples...

Cheers...:)Betty

Archived