Cruise Connect Service (Coach)

north east girl

Has anybody from the north east used the coach connection to get from Darlington to Southampton. Just wonder what the service is like. Have booked this for our crossing in September.

I have used it from the North West (Preston) and most of the time it's been a good service. The only problem I have had is when the coach went miles out of it's way to pick up in Telford.

You give your case to the driver and the next time you see it is in your cabin so it's easy.

Have used them from Sheffield, we thought they were very good, suitcases was put on the coach and then next time we saw them was in our cabin. Picked the coach up at a service station on the M1 which wasnt too far away from us. Hope this helps

Have used them from Sheffield, we thought they were very good, suitcases was put on the coach and then next time we saw them was in our cabin. Picked the coach up at a service station on the M1 which wasnt too far away from us. Hope this helps

We are the same we have to go to a service station to be picked up. I like the idea of them taking care of our cases. At least when we get there we can just concentrate on boarding. Can't wait

• 1 year later...

Hi, I am weighing up whether to use the train or cruise connect to get to Southampton. I will pick up the coach at either Nottingham or Leicester, so my question is - How long is the journey time by coach from these pick up points? Many thanks in advance.

Hi, I am weighing up whether to use the train or cruise connect to get to Southampton. I will pick up the coach at either Nottingham or Leicester, so my question is - How long is the journey time by coach from these pick up points? Many thanks in advance.

Hi kebabx, If you give them a call they will be able to tell you approx time of arrival.

Our pick up was 6.30 from Darlington and we arrived at 13.30. We did have a few pick ups and then some comfort breaks. What I liked best was not having to worry about our cases, once on board we never saw the cases until they arrived in our cabin.

Catherine

Hi kebabx, We used coach connect last September and found them very good. We were picked up from Darlington at 6.45 and arrived Southampton approx 13.30.

The best part was once on board we did not see our cases until they had arrived in our cabin.

I found our paper work and the phone no is 0845 052 0537. E mail cunard@intercruises.com

It was a very relaxing trip with a few pick ups and comfort breaks.

Catherine

Remember that if you go by Cruise Connect it's their responsibility to get you to Southampton, even if it means that the ship has to wait, but if you go by rail you're on your own. I write after a particularly interesting rail journey at new year from Warrington to Inverness where there were no seats from Warrington to Edinburgh (even though we had reserved first class seats), the train broke down for two hours from Edinburgh to Inverness, and coming back from Inverness there was a derailment so they had to drive us through thick snow by coach to Edinburgh.

Thank you for your replys, I think we will be using the coach, as it seems to be the most reliable method. I couldn't stand the thought of being delayed on the train and all that would entail.

Remember that if you go by Cruise Connect it's their responsibility to get you to Southampton, even if it means that the ship has to wait, but if you go by rail you're on your own.

You are warned in the CC literature though, that it is your responsibility to have insurance cover in case there is a delay etc.

I don't know what would happen if something very serious happened but

you are told that the driver is in contact with the offices, who in turn are monitoring road conditions etc.

We found it really good- as Catherine says- no need to worry re luggage and a comfortable, quite speedy service from the North West.

I only breathe easily though, when I see 'Southampton' on the road signs and know that we are close enough to be shuttled there no matter what.

Used these several times from the Midlands, no problems except last Nov, when there was an accident on the M6 with severe delays, but we were in touch with them by phone and knew what the situation was, and we got to the ship in time, the last to arrive.

So make sure that you have their number and they have yours.

Archived