pack-N-go ?

twinklen01

Theres a pack-n-go rate for the week before my cruise and the week after but not for my cruise. Does that mean my cruise is selling pretty good? My cruise was at $187 for a longtime then all of a sudden there was a resident rate drop down to $159 then another one not to long after down to $159 then recently it went to $139 . I'm hoping there will be another drop. The week before and after my cruise keeps going on sale and so far is $129 so what are the chances of mine getting down to $129 or more?

I started with the early saver rate so i will qualify for pack n go rate if i get one right?

so far our total is $90obc due to rate drops:D. If it wasnt for cruise critic I would have never known about price drops and obc-thanks guys:D

Seriously?? lol, you are booked now at $139 and hoping it drops $10 pp more because two other dates (those cruises might not even be the same length as yours) are at $129. Id be so thrilled at $139, I would be jumping for joy. Never booked a cruise under $200 plus taxes on Carnival.

Id say if your rate dropped from $187 to $139 its not selling very well, or they wouldnt have dropped the rate so radically already. .. no way of predicting if it drops another $10, watch and see and if the rates bounce up, Id say you got your answer. Thats how I judge, watch the direction rates are moving on your date.

Theres a pack-n-go rate for the week before my cruise and the week after but not for my cruise. Does that mean my cruise is selling pretty good? My cruise was at $187 for a longtime then all of a sudden there was a resident rate drop down to $159 then another one not to long after down to $159 then recently it went to $139 . I'm hoping there will be another drop. The week before and after my cruise keeps going on sale and so far is $129 so what are the chances of mine getting down to $129 or more?

I started with the early saver rate so i will qualify for pack n go rate if i get one right?

so far our total is $90obc due to rate drops:D. If it wasnt for cruise critic I would have never known about price drops and obc-thanks guys:D

What boat, and how long is your cruise. I would love for Galveston to have some prices like that...

Seriously?? lol, you are booked now at $139 and hoping it drops $10 pp more because two other dates (those cruises might not even be the same length as yours) are at $129. Id be so thrilled at $139, I would be jumping for joy. Never booked a cruise under $200 plus taxes on Carnival.

Id say if your rate dropped from $187 to $139 its not selling very well, or they wouldnt have dropped the rate so radically already. .. no way of predicting if it drops another $10, watch and see and if the rates bounce up, Id say you got your answer. Thats how I judge, watch the direction rates are moving on your date.

$10 will turn into $20-lol! I never thought i would get the $90 i got so far. The two cruise before/after are also 4 nights, same port, same ship-paradise

the elation was also at $129. I think last months on Elation were $99 but i'm going on paradise because its closer

Being my 1st cruise any money saved is great even if its OBC.

iowagirl411- Darn i wish it quailfied

iowagirl411- Darn i wish it quailfied

I must have misunderstood the question. I didnt realize you were asking if you could price match your already chosen cabin to a IS - guarantee inside. The above poster is correct, you cant match downward.

If you booked a 1A you can match though (naturally you would have to give up the 1A and move to the IS to match the same category). .. but not to a regular inside category 4s

I must have misunderstood the question. I didnt realize you were asking if you could price match your already chosen cabin to a IS - guarantee inside. The above poster is correct, you cant match downward.

If you booked a 1A you can match though (naturally you would have to give up the 1A and move to the IS to match the same category). .. but not to a regular inside category 4s

I got a cat 4C inside cabin and we got our room # the day we booked . Are the guaranted speciafic rooms or whats the difference. My 1st cruise so not sure what the difference is

I got a inside stateroom 4c and we got our room # when we booked

whats the difference with guaranted rooms. Its my 1st cruise so i'm still learning

I got a cat 4C inside cabin and we got our room # the day we booked . Are the guaranted speciafic rooms or whats the difference. My 1st cruise so not sure what the difference is

guarantees are cheaper than picking your cabin, Carnival gets to choose your cabin, not you, so you can wind up wherever they want to put you.

So, since you are in a 4C, if the OV guarantee was cheaper, or close Id move to that, and even if it was $10 more probably pay the $10 to upgrade, so watch the OV guarantee if they offer it as a pack n go.

IS is below 4A, so even a 4A cant price match to IS guarantee. (inside guarantee). It guarantees you will get at least as good of a cabin category as inside is why its called a guarantee. For instance a balcony guarantee, they have to at least give you a balcony.

Pack and go rates start on Wednesday and end on Friday. They are usually cruises that sail from two weeks to two months out. Not all cruises, But just a handfull. The easiest way to find them is to do a google search Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. You don't get to pick a class of cabin, you get what you get. Sometimes half off the going rate. Here's the current deals.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/specials/packandgo.aspx?icid=CC_HMPG_43

I never googled them, just go to Carnival, find a ship drop down, click on specials .... look for pack n go, or click on all specials... I just go look on Carnival. Plus my PVP emails them to me usually.

Carnival's website can be funny, If you're already booked on a cruise. Sometimes you get a different starting page. So you don't see the same things.

Carnival's website can be funny, If you're already booked on a cruise. Sometimes you get a different starting page. So you don't see the same things.

I stay logged out. I never have the issues others have. I check prices almost daily, sometimes more than daily. Dont have problems finding the home page or seeing things I need. Maybe Iv just found my own way around the problems though ... easy now to me.

Both ways work :D If I ever have a problem, Ill sure google. I love google.

The cat. IS went down but now its under resident rate do i still not quailfy for it if i booked under early saver????

I'm a 4c

No, as I explained above, you would have to have a price drop in a OV guarantee, and move/upgrade, cant match 3 categories downward. Has to be the same category for a price match.

How on earth did you get such a good rate to begin with??? LOL How long is your cruise??

How on earth did you get such a good rate to begin with??? LOL How long is your cruise??

must be 1st time cruisers luck i guess-lol! Its only a 4 night cruise to catalina to ensenada, leaving out of Long Beach. We picked a 4 night cruise to try it out to see if we would like it plus it was a lot cheaper then a 7 day Mexican rivera. Now I regret not doing the longer cruise because with price drops I would have gotten a good deal-possibly.

With this $10 drop pp =$20 i'm going to buy me a monkey drink it will be a great sourvenir. Plus the other obc will go towards dd's (10) soda card and the rest we shall see:D

No kidding!! I get excited when I see a Galveston cruise listed for 299.00 !!:eek:

Hahahahaa, thats what I was paying for my 4A, which is now (as of this morning, with the new category changes) a PT. At least now I can pick any deck PT for that price, and moved up to deck 3 for my $299 price. :eek:

The only under $200 Galveston Ecstasy prices have been during hurricane season, when I was already booked on Conquest, missed them.

Archived