Difference between Aquaclass A2 and A1

agathasmum

Just trying to pick a quiet Aquaclass cabin.

I noticed that the A1's are under the pool area. Has anyone stayed in one, and is there a lot of noise from the pool deck, i.e. moving furniture etc? Apart from being midships, does it have anything going for it other than not being too far forward or aft? What is the overhang like? Are all the balconies standard sized?

Some A2's are under the spa and gym area. Is there noise from the gym, and what time does it open / close? Is there anything wrong with the A2's towards the aft, other than the distance between the cabin and the spa / relaxation room? Do all of these have the same sized balcony, with the exception of the hump cabins?

Thanks for your help!

I was in cabin 1599 on the Solstice last March. I found that being close to the midship elevators provided convenient/quick access to all areas of the ship and since this cabin is the first one on the hump coming out, the balcony was slightly larger. I believe that most of the A1 cabins have standard balconys and ONLY the cabins on the ANGLE of the hump have larger ones. I happened to like the overhang as it limited the sun and heat coming into our room and balcony and I don't feel that it detracted from the wonderful views at all. As far as noise, many times we heard chairs and such being moved around on the pool deck in the mornings. We are deep sleepers and I don't remember it ever waking me up, but once we were awake we did notice noise that was loud enough to be bothersome if you're trying to relax. One night around 10-11 PM there was a party on the pool deck and you could hear high heels and shoes from the dancing, it could be compared to a light hail storm on your house roof! If I hadn't had such a delicious meal and a couple strong cocktails before heading to bed, I'm certain I would not have been able to fall asleep.

With all this in mind, I have booked another Solstice cruise this March in AQ 1633. My main reasoning for this location was to again be close to the midship elevators as well as to ensure we were underneath the Sky Suites which will hopefully take care of the noise from above. I would not voluntairily book another room under the pool deck. Having a "regular" size balcony was worth it to us in order to get a little more quiet. Hope this helps!

We were in a hump cabin (1604) on solstice and never heard a thing..we are sailing silhouette in a hump in march and am hoping for the same peaceful cruise. We loved having the extra space on the balcony for happy hour sailaway with our friends

We were in a hump cabin (1604) on solstice and never heard a thing..we are sailing silhouette in a hump in march and am hoping for the same peaceful cruise. We loved having the extra space on the balcony for happy hour sailaway with our friends

That is reassuring.

Do you have any pictures of the balcony? Was it windy? How much bigger was it.

You can read reviews on each cabin in the STICKY at the top of board titled "Solstice Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!! "

They have uploaded a PDF spreadsheet of each cabin and describe details such as balcony size, wind, noise, etc. It is very helpful and should give you a good idea of which location you should choose.

Thanks Rob,

Sticky spreadsheet was very useful. I am a light sleeper so the slightest noise will wake me. Much as I would love a hump balcony, I think I'll be better off in an area with cabins above and below.

Which ship are you on? I just changed from a C2 to an A1 on Reflection. I have an angled hump room now, with rooms above and below. (The C2 I had was below the pool/Oceanview).

The sticky is a big help with cabin selection......

I guess the diff in AQ categories is location..we were in 1630 on Equinox before they broke it into two classes of AQ...today I think that "aftish" cabin would be an A 2-- It is under cabins on Deck 12 resort deck so no noise from above 7 very quiet location....Only complaint is that it is far from the spa & relaxtion room and there was very late service in making up the room...all the time..Guess we were at the end of the line.

we have 1599, 1603 & 1604 booked on diff S classs ships for our next three cruises so we will have a variety of A-1 cabins to report on Glad to see good things posted about two of those above!

Best part of AQ is BLU!

Archived