Question about ship departure time from Paris on Viking Spirit

firstplacechef

My daughter and I returned yesterday from Paris where we were on the Pride (same itinerary). We skipped the morning bus tour of Paris and the optional Louvre afternoon tour and did the day on our own. We hopped on the RER (train) that was literally across the street from our dock. Only 1.70 euro and 2 stops to Eiffel tower. We RERed to the Musee D'Orsay, bought a museum pass while there that allowed us to skip the line at the Louvre. So in addition to the 2 museums, we had time for coffee in a cafe in the Tuileries, visit the Conciegies (Marie Antoinette's prison cell), have a lovely lunch in a side street cafe (only locals there), stop by Notre Dame for pics, and sit on the bank of the Seine for some people watching. All this and back to the ship for cast off before supper (about 7pm).

The American Cemetery at Omaha beach was very moving. We were each given a rose to place on a grave.

Last night of cruise, we hopped the RER again and in 10 minutes were lying on the grass in a park near the base of the Eiffel tower to watch the nightly light show (11pm). Hopped the last train back to the ship and on our way back to Dallas the next morning.

Have a great time.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Forums mobile app

Archived