Chef's Table on Carnival Magic

cruzinsuzie

Hello!

Could someone tell me the dress code for the Chef's Table? Thanks!

I did Chef's Table on Carnival Liberty. It ranged from office casual, ex. men in golf shirts and khakis, women in skirts and blouses, to very dressed up. You will be asked to not wear heels because they are a danger in the kitchen ... I was wearing a fancy dress with flip flops but nobody cared! The amount of food and wine is CRAZY and the food is incredible, so go in very hungry. It is wonderful and well worth the price. Enjoy!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My cousin and I just returned from the Glory. Gone is the fabulous Chef's Table menu. In its place, you get a kalamata olive wrapped in cotton candy, a tomato wrapped in white chocolate, and other weird food. Not worth the money!! Meat includes a small piece of game hen, a slab of plain dried-out salmon, and a piece of beef (I guess it's special because it's called Waygu, tasted like pot roast to me!). We complained to the Purser's Office about the content and quality, and the head chef literally stalked us for the rest of the cruise! He approached us 3 times in the dining room at dinner one night (we got up to leave and were told we couldn't--he wanted to speak with us--again). He also tried to inferfere with our Punchliner Brunch the next day (we left without eating) despite being warned not to, and we cancelled our reservation at the Steakhouse, fearing another altercation there! Spend your money at the specialty restaurants.

• 3 weeks later...
My cousin and I just returned from the Glory. Gone is the fabulous Chef's Table menu. In its place, you get a kalamata olive wrapped in cotton candy, a tomato wrapped in white chocolate, and other weird food. Not worth the money!! Meat includes a small piece of game hen, a slab of plain dried-out salmon, and a piece of beef (I guess it's special because it's called Waygu, tasted like pot roast to me!). We complained to the Purser's Office about the content and quality, and the head chef literally stalked us for the rest of the cruise! He approached us 3 times in the dining room at dinner one night (we got up to leave and were told we couldn't--he wanted to speak with us--again). He also tried to inferfere with our Punchliner Brunch the next day (we left without eating) despite being warned not to, and we cancelled our reservation at the Steakhouse, fearing another altercation there! Spend your money at the specialty restaurants.

Thats the first negative review I've seen!! Why was the chef stalking you? Was he apologizing or looking for feedback? Yikes!

• 4 weeks later...

We went on the Conquest in 2010, and the food was amazing. We were told not to wear heels, so I think I ended up wearing skinny jeans and a nice top. The wine flows so freely that no one will remember what you are wearing! lol

My husband STILL talks about the little tacos they served us in the kitchen.

• 2 weeks later...

We did this on spring break on the carnival magic.

No one dressed formally in our group. Most people were casual. And a couple people were very casual. (T shirts with jeans.)

My daughter and I wore a decent shirt with jeans. I chose jeans instead because we would be in a fast paced kitchen and I wanted to play it safe if there were any accidents. Grease, hot spilling, etc.

I wish we brought light jackets. It was surprisingly cold when we were seated.

Teddy

Archived