Which ports intrigue you most?

melissa@cruisecritic

Which Asian ports intrigue you most?  

536 members have voted

1. 1. Which Asian ports intrigue you most?

• Shanghai
    • Hanoi
    • Tokyo
    • Bangkok
    • Ho Chi Minh City
    • Singapore
    • Kuala Lumpur
    • Nagasaki
    • Beijing
    • Other (please post)

Cruise Critic Editor Carolyn Spencer Brown is onboard Sapphire Princess in Asia. Her virtual cruise officially starts on Monday, November 26 (so check back then for her first daily dispatch on traveling to Bangkok) -- but you can get a sneak peek at what to expect now!

In the meantime, we want to know -- which Asian ports intrigue you most? You can vote for more than one; please be sure to post your opinions below!

how did we miss that one? Thanks for putting it out there...and it most definitely should have been on our list. Oh, well, you can vote for it down here :)

Best,

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor

CruiseCritic.com

PS Because of itinerary changes, our ship's actually overnighting in Hong Kong so stay tuned!

I visited most of these places in the Navy; I'm curious as to why Hong Kong isn't on here; is it under "other"?

I haver never had the chance to go to 'Nam; that would be my first choice.

Just returned from this cruise on the 21st of November, Still jet lagged. Without a doubt the correct answer is Singapore. Followed closely by Hong Kong, particularly if Captain Guerrini can receive permission to sail into Hong Kong Harbour for a farewell viewing of the Hong Kong light show. We were fortunate to be treated to this nightly show and it was truly awesome.

I want to go back and do the southern itinerary .. we did sapphire's northern and loved it .. particularly Shanghai where we had an enormously informative tour of the Jewish Ghetto .. our friends made us honorary jewish for the day .. but it was an amazing experience

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

How come Asias' most exciting and vibrant city in Hong Kong is not listed in the tickable options . Four times as many cruises call/originate Hong Kong than Shanghai .

Also missing the most picturesque port in all of Asia - Vietnam's

How Longbay .

• 11 months later...

Busan because the people of Korea like American and Caucasian in general and I love the upstairs restaurants in Busan Fish Mkt. Nothing against others, It's just that I served with Republic of Korea Army in Vietnam. Hong Kong for the food, Bali people and food, and Maylasian Ports are all fascinating. Vietnam was very dirty, still after 42 years, filthy with the scrawny dogs. After being on Diamond Princess 3 weeks after it came form drydock it was very depressing. Kho Samui Thailand, very fascinating and water was perfect for snorkeling, fishing was great.

Shanghai is another crummy Chinese City with millions of motor bikes and beserk drivers, second in Drunk drivers only to Beijing. Be ready to have PTSD if you don't already after riding with a Chinese driver. We had 3 close calls, 1 a girl got a bad cut and a broken finger being slammed into the seat and saw a very nasty truck car accident which killed some people and held up the Princess busses, (we were on the high speed train ya'll) They were 7 hrs late from Beijing to Tianjin a distance of 145 miles. Another we were nearly killed when we were doing 60 MPH on a city street andall the traffic stopped. We had 2 inches to spare in that one.

If you go into any store, "DO NOT" pay retail. They will rip you off and most of Asia is that way.

• 1 year later...

Archived