Post cruise stay in Barcelona

klocgolf

May 18th Venice to Barcelona Princess Cruise.

We are thinking of staying a few extra days at Barcelona after disembarking the ship. Anyone else doing that? Share excursions? Know of any neat things to see/do in Barcelona?

I would suggest that you purchase an all-day bus ticket -- approximately $20/pp. Then ride each of the lines - red, blue, and green - for an overview of the city. You can transfer between the lines at a central location. This will give you an opportunity to see which parts of the city you would like to explore further. The busses are double-decker and we rode in the top portion. They are narrated as to what you are seeing.

Absolute must -- do a paseo on the Ramblas at night. Beautiful, and you will get to see the locals out for their evening constitutional. Also, the Gaudi house is amazing.

Have fun. It is a fantastic destination.

Just a little warning. Barcelona is one of the most notorious cities, along with Naples and Rome, for pickpockets. Leave valuable watches, necklaces, credit cards, etc. in the hotel safe and only take what you need. it's a fabulous city with lots to see but just be aware of what can occur.

We did this after our T A cruise on the Ruby. Stayed at LeMeridian on Las Ramblas..great location and easy to walk to the hoho bus. Have a wonderful time on your cruise and in Barcelona.

Yes great location..we stayed accross the street at Hotel 1898...We enjoyed the red bus tour www.barcelonacitytour.cat they offered a senior discount the blue bus didn't and the red bus was less crowded probably because the blue bus is city owned and advertise much more...Also a walk through La Bouqueria market on the Las Ramblas should be a must see...Enjoy !!!

May 18th Venice to Barcelona Princess Cruise.

We are thinking of staying a few extra days at Barcelona after disembarking the ship. Anyone else doing that? Share excursions? Know of any neat things to see/do in Barcelona?

Why not check the rollcall for your cruise and see if there's any interest amoung your fellow cruise-mates ?

Just a thought

Srpilo

Looks like we are taking the same cruise! We're staying a night at Barcelona as well, and going to explore the city to key attractions riding the Metro on our own. If you plan to DIY, here is what I do: have a list of sights in mind, match them on the Metro map, highlight the route, and pick a hotel close to one of the stops in the route.

We stayed pre-cruise at Hotel Inglaterra, worked out great. Barcelona is a wonderful city, yes you need to be alert but thats true in most cities. The food is great, there is so much to see. Have a wonderful time.

Looks like we are taking the same cruise! We're staying a night at Barcelona as well, and going to explore the city to key attractions riding the Metro on our own. If you plan to DIY, here is what I do: have a list of sights in mind, match them on the Metro map, highlight the route, and pick a hotel close to one of the stops in the route.

Thats how we got around was the metro. We did use the public bus (#24) to go to Parc Guell as the metro is a hike to the park. We uses the T10 for tickets, they worked great. Another recommendation I would make is using the Aerobus to get to the airport, 5 euros per person.

Thats how we got around was the metro. We did use the public bus (#24) to go to Parc Guell as the metro is a hike to the park. We uses the T10 for tickets, they worked great. Another recommendation I would make is using the Aerobus to get to the airport, 5 euros per person.

Also, the port bus €2 from the port to the foot of Las Ramblas is a great deal too; but yes T10s (€7.95??) for 10 metro tickets is a great deal.

Thanks for the tip, KirkNC, esp. about the #24 bus. I'm picking a hotel a little further from La Ramblas cause I worry about walking in that area at night, thus probably won't be able to conveniently ride the Aerobus the next morning to the airport. Will just have to suck it up and pay for a cab.

Archived