Category level upgrades

Is it worth it to upgrade to the next category of the Carnival Miracle? From say and 8C to and 8J. This is just an example. When I'm looking at cabins, its not that much more to upgrade for essentially the same thing, but this money could also be spent on a nice bottle of wine at dinner :p

Within a catagory, there are different levels.....there is NO difference in space or amenities.

I don't consider a change within a catagory an upgrade at all.....what I consider an upgrade would be from an inside, to a balcony, or a balcony to a suite.....

Is it worth it to upgrade to the next category of the Carnival Miracle? From say and 8C to and 8J. This is just an example. When I'm looking at cabins, its not that much more to upgrade for essentially the same thing, but this money could also be spent on a nice bottle of wine at dinner :p

I say spend it on the wine!

I would not upgrade to the same class

a 8C is located midship on Upper deck 5 or aft on Epress deck 6

is an extended balcony- the balcony will be bigger. If the price is not much different for the extended balcony-- i would take that

an 8 K is even better if you can get one of the massive ones like 7258 or 8232 for 2 people or 6232 for 4 people.

http://www.travelingnuts.com/2011cruise/images/DSCN0188.JPG

only three tyes of those on the entire ship.

I concur with CB. Just moving within a category is not much at all other then a few extra dollars for the cruise line to pocket. Use the cash for wine at dinner. Now if they are offering from balcony to suite then you have something to consider.

ChipQ http:luv2cruise.blogspot.com

The upgrade is going from a standard balcony to an extended balcony.

Cabin will be the same size on both BUT the balcony will be a lot larger.

Not enough for lounge chairs but enough to stretch out some

• 3 weeks later...

go with room 8237 - i believe it is a cat 9a -but the room and balcony are both huge for the money- it is behind the elevators but i didn't hear them once on the 8 day from NY.

Archived