Walking to pier from hotel

mandiecandie5

To save some extra cash our group is going to put one person in a cab with all four suitcases and have the rest of us walk to the pier. My first question is do they charge extra for each bag going in if there is only one person, I understand its already $10 for a single rider?

Also.....we are going to be walking along Poydras St. and Convention Center Blvd., are there sidewalks on these streets? Is it safe for walking?!? Thanks in advance. :)

I don't know about the cab fare, but Poydras and Convention Center Blvd. Do have sidewalks to walk on. It can be a long walk depending on where you are coming from. The streets are safe but as in any big city, walk with others and do not go anywhere you are not familiar with. I would not walk this far a night, but I'm sure you will be heading down the day of your cruise. Just a thought, you are spending a nice amount on your cruise, so what's a few extra bucks going to set you back to hop in a cab?

There should be no extra charge for the suitcases. We had six bags for two of us ,no extra fees. We walked down poydras and convention centre boulevard at night with no problems.I did not feel uncomfortable walking anywhere at night and/or especially during the day.The cab fare in the long run will be nothing in the grand scheme of things.Our bar tab alone was $800 bucks for the cruise,whats a few bucks for the cab.

Thanks for the info guys! We'll only be walking during the day so it should be fine. It looks like its about 8 blocks, so nothing we can't handle...unless we're hungover from the night before we may have to cab it! Bottom line is we're cheap so thats why we're doing it.. LOL! Nothing but college students in this group :)

Archived