Virtual Slideshow: Constellation Refurb (Have you seen it?)

Cruise Critic Editor in Chief Carolyn Spencer Brown was invited to spend the final few days of Constellation's recent, massive refit at the shipyard and en route to Amsterdam for an exclusive look at the ship's final stages of transformation.

What do you think? Have they made Constellation too much like the Solstice class ships? Come along on the journey in this three-part virtual slideshow - and tell us what you think about the changes.

Wow! Celebrity hit a home run with this upgrade. Every comparison is better now than before. I really love the Tuscan Grille and the Rendezvous Lounge. The improvements make the ship even more elegant than she was before. I am really looking forward to being aboard her again in August!

The Constellation is a beautiful ship, and I am so pleased that Celebrity has given her a facelift. When we were last on her, it was sad to see the obvious need for refurbishing. Now, we look forward to sailing on her once more as she is an old friend who has a new wardrobe and some interesting alternatives for dining. Wonderful photos. Many thanks!

Thanks for the article and pictures Melissa.... I have a question I've been trying to get answered. All the Celebrity ships except S class have the casual dining area in the buffet area, the one with the $2.00 pp service charge. Do they still have that on the Constellation now that it has received its S class makeover...

Wow, what an excellent presentation of the changes. We made a TA on Constellation and loved Her and the crew - She became our favorte ship. Made an E Med and TA on the Solstice and also loved the new options. Was afraid Solstice would be 'too big', but as usual, Celebrity has designed the common areas to not seem as crowded.

As to the Constellation upgrades? I think they've brought in the best of S-Class.

- My wife enjoyed the flower arrangng classes in the Conservatory, but it seemed a bit of a waste of space expecially with all the fake flowers- now as the Tuscan Grille, great an addition.

- The Cova Cafe was our favorite area to sit, use my minicomputer on a table and sip a bit of coffee, but the Cafe al Bacio is a definite upgrade. And we are So Glad they added Bistro at 5 - at first, many posters were not that big on it (most hadn't tried it!), but we loved it. Open so many hrs, minor 'tip' to use a great dining experience...and it was open on embarkation and we loved that. And I think (please correct me) its open in port - how fast our memories go!

- As to the Martini Bar, the Crush sounds neat, didn't really use it on Solstice because of the crowd around it most of the time - that should say something. Personally, I enjoyed the Martini Bar layout, but not that big of a deal with the change.

- And the cabins - love the new decor. but being me, I liked the original also. My wife likes the new decor much more so that makes me happy...

but of course, I loved Miami Vice and all that Florida blues and 'Fla Sunset' colors! Heck, I drove my wife nuts when we were looking new bedroom decor and she realized I was pointing out all the colors we had in the room now. Ouch.

So, not only a great presentation, but now you got me planning on a Constellation cruise for next year. Can't wait! Which leads to the next question (I know its been posted before), but what is the schedule for all the other M-Class ships???

Denny

Thanks to Melissa and Carolyn for sharing the great photos and information. I have been wanting to try the Solstice-class ships, but love the smaller size of the M-class ships.

So, to me, the "Solsticizing" of the M-class ships provides the best of both worlds :)

Cruise Critic Editor in Chief Carolyn Spencer Brown was invited to spend the final few days of Constellation's recent, massive refit at the shipyard and en route to Amsterdam for an exclusive look at the ship's final stages of transformation.

What do you think? Have they made Constellation too much like the Solstice class ships? Come along on the journey in this three-part virtual slideshow - and tell us what you think about the changes.

The ship looks great. Never like those original Caribbean color. The new decor and colors are much more classic and look like a fine Hotel.

When will they redo the other three ship? I think the Consteelation was the last of the class and yet is the first to be updated?

I have sailed on two of the four several times and the only thing I don't like about these ships is there is no 360 degree promenade deck.

Uber-nice! Looking forward to seeing it all in person next February!:cool:

We are also looking forward to seeing it all in person, and we are also on the 2/26/11 sailing. Everything looks great in the photos posted.

Archived