golf

lasefton

we would like to golf at one of the carribean stops . What is the rules on bringing clubs and where is the best place to golf ?

No problems bringing your clubs onboard. I've done a couple of times.

Best places to play:

--St Kitts

--Cozumel

--Jamacia

--Aruba

--Dominican Republic

--Roatan

--Puerto Rico (this stop has problems because ships arrive in the afternoon)

--Bahamas

Bermuda is great too.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Have golfed on 3 cruises so far.

Cozumel Golf and Country Club in Cozumel

Sandals Golf and Country Club in Ocho Rios Jamaica (caddie required)

Coral Beach Country Club in Nassua Bahamas

If you get a ship sponsored excursion with onboard golf pro it's a bit more expensive, however, they arrange all transportation. They will spend a couple of holes with you and give advice. They might also store your clubs for you.

Non ship sponsored excursion - Just google the course, write them or call them for tee time and help with transportion.

My husband loved the course in Cozumel.

He rented clubs there rather than hauling his along.

You can bring them on board for free, but you'll pay a checked bag fee to bring them on the plane with you.

I have only golfed at St. Kitts way back in the 80s on a land based vacation. Clubs were easy to rent and decent. Took sneakers to play in. And about a dozen of my favorite golf balls. Course was decent but not spectacular. Do not know if they have refurbished it at all. On the 17th hole, I had to wait about 20 minutes because of a wedding going on on the green. Cool. On the 7th hole there were monkeys that would steal the golf balls.

Have seen the course at St. Thomas. Really nice (but supposedly really expensive) Coz seems to be an okay course from what I have seen. But the one that seems to be really good is the excursion at Belize. The course takes an entire Caye. Although I believe that a hurricane damaged it quite badly a few years ago.

You can also check with your head pro at your local course. I would imagine the Pro would have connections that might give you direction.

Finally, I do believe there is a magazine called Caribbean Golf. And Golf and Golf Digest usually have an annual edition that focuses on courses in the Caribbean.

Archived