Priceline - Has anyone stayed in Coral Gables pre-cruise?

fig414

This area doesn't seem too far from Downtown MIA and I wonder if anyone uses this as an alternative to the usual areas. It even looks like it's closer to the Port than a lot of the Miami Beach hotels.

Thanks for any input or opinions.

With traffic it's not closer to the port than South Beach... Coral Gables is a very nice area, lots of upscale shopping, many restaurants, but if you don't stay in one of the downtown Coral Gables hotels you're going to need to have a car.

Depends which hotel you get in Coral Gables. Along the Miracle Mile area the hotels are very nice.

It is just as far from CG to the port as it is from MB. In some respects. it can take you longer from CG because of traffic.

I seem to recall the flat rate taxi fares to be the same.

Thank you all.

I'll be bidding on 4*'s and the 3 that usually come up are:

Omni Colonnade Hotel

Wyndham Grand Bay

Hyatt Regency

I'm not really concerned too much about the traffic as I'll be arriving Noon-ish on a Friday and driving or cabbing to the port around 11-12 on a Sunday morning. They look pretty nice on their websites and the Coral Gable zone seems to be cheaper than the other 4*s......

Wyndham Grand Bay is actually in Coconut Grove, the other 2 are in downtown Coral Gables. All 3 are fine... Just do yourself a favor though and stick with the 4-star hotels, a couple of people lately have bid 3-star and gotten an old Holiday Inn just north of downtown Coral Gables - Not really a place I'd recommend.

Archived