Panama canal serenade of the seas 3 October 2009

mcd1411

Hi any guys going on this cruise?

Dont tell me that we are going to be the only gay couple on the ship.I know it will be a older crowd on the ship, but thought there would be a few more guys.

Barry.

Sorry, I haven't read it in awhile. I noticed you on the main thread and was thinking.. hmmm is there another gay couples on the cruise? Looking forward to meeting you and your partner. We are traveling with my partners brother and sister-in-law and a few friends. We are a tad older than you youngens (43 / 45)..

Cheers,

Arthur & Jeff

We have found that almost any cruise has several gay people. We don't notice many post from them but with gaydar we can usually spot them dead on. lol

Was thinking that it was only us on this cruise. However like you said there is usually a few couples on the ships. You can usually

tell the guys that are together. Are you on the main roll call also? Just not seen any posts from you, however i may of miss them.

Barry.

but not lately... I had a few questions in the beginning. It will be cool to meet you guys... we hang alot in the steam room! LOL j/k

Yea, i read back through the posts and i seen yours. You should be fine with a 10AM flight you just have to get off the ship early and may have to carry your own luggage. Which will be a pain. I always over pack so much, we are spending 4 days in Santa Monica before the cruise. so will be packing for 3 weeks, now thats going to be hard.

Can you tell me whats the best way to get from santa Monica to San Diego. we thought the train would be good, but someone said hire a car. Is it an easy road to drive and would it be very busy on a Saturday morning.

I quiet enjoy the steam room myself to be honest, however ewan has never really been into it.

Will you both be going to the meet and mingle this time? I have never been to one before, as just joined cruise critic.

Looking forward to the cruise and meet you guys.

Barry.

Omg! I think I will try and hire my steward to help with the bags!!! We are in cabin 7160 near the aft of the ship... it looks like we get a big balcony which will be great for panama viewing.

It's funny how many americans don't get into the steam... they think its sexuall... well if I am in there it usually is lol... (I am the blond, I drink alot and need to get the alcohal out of my system so I steam)...

We are planning to go to the meet and mingle (We have been to one before so it could be fun)... We just usually do our own thing. We love to drink, relax, drink, walk the ship, drink, check out the shops, drink, steam, take naps (at our age its important), ... ok ok just kidding we don't drink that much..

To be honest we have been to san diego so many times but never to santa monica (well not for a extended stay). I would suggest the interstate 5 down ... but if the train is an option you can start drinking before you arrive. You probably wouldn't want to have to deal with where to drop the car and the train station in san diego is minutes from the cruise terminal. The train would be my choice.

Omg! I think I will try and hire my steward to help with the bags!!! We are in cabin 7160 near the aft of the ship... it looks like we get a big balcony which will be great for panama viewing.

It's funny how many americans don't get into the steam... they think its sexuall... well if I am in there it usually is lol... (I am the blond, I drink alot and need to get the alcohal out of my system so I steam)...

We are planning to go to the meet and mingle (We have been to one before so it could be fun)... We just usually do our own thing. We love to drink, relax, drink, walk the ship, drink, check out the shops, drink, steam, take naps (at our age its important), ... ok ok just kidding we don't drink that much..

I have to laugh at you saying you like a drink. Ewan works for a drinks company so he himself likes a few drinks so i think you will be in good company. We usual hang out at the sky bar in the afternoons and early evenings. we used to go the diamond club for drinks before dinner, however we are no longer welcome there.lol. We are late dinning, which sitting are you on ?

Our cabin is right at the aft of the ship so our balcony is slightly larger also, which will be great for going through the panama canal, we will be able to see both sides as we sail through. Not sure if it is worth what we paid for it though time will tell. I am hoping that it gets plenty sun also. I usually go for a mid ship cabin so this is something a bit different for us.

Well only 3 more weeks of work for us then vacation time cant wait.

Barry.

To be honest we have been to san diego so many times but never to santa monica (well not for a extended stay). I would suggest the interstate 5 down ... but if the train is an option you can start drinking before you arrive. You probably wouldn't want to have to deal with where to drop the car and the train station in san diego is minutes from the cruise terminal. The train would be my choice.

Well not sure how we will do it, but ewan will work it out worst case we hire a car, but if the train is easy then we can do that. Yes always nice to have a beer when on holiday and not drive. Thats what i like about going cruises you never need to worry about driving or getting home to your room. Unless the captain asks me to drive for him. lol. But cant see that happening.

Meant to say we will be at the sky bar for our usual pre sailing drinks on saturday afternoon. Hopefully by 2 if not earlier.

Barry.

Coolio on the drinking part... I like to get my drink on.... well to a point I dont get to crazy. We have late sitting for dinner also. Hey since your diamond members youll have to sneak us some free wine LOL...

We usually bring on 1 or 2 bottles of vodka for our pre-dinner drinks...

We have had the aft suites in the past and loved them. People complain about having to walk that far.. (must be older than us people) or the noise we never noticed. Once on Celebrity our balcony was 450sq ft our suite was only 420sq ft... It was amazing!! Had alot of parties on it....

Really looking forward to meeting you..

my direct email: arthurburk@yahoo.com

Cheers,

Arthur

Coolio on the drinking part... I like to get my drink on.... well to a point I dont get to crazy. We have late sitting for dinner also. Hey since your diamond members youll have to sneak us some free wine LOL...

We usually bring on 1 or 2 bottles of vodka for our pre-dinner drinks...

We have had the aft suites in the past and loved them. People complain about having to walk that far.. (must be older than us people) or the noise we never noticed. Once on Celebrity our balcony was 450sq ft our suite was only 420sq ft... It was amazing!! Had alot of parties on it....

Really looking forward to meeting you..

my direct email: arthurburk@yahoo.com

Cheers,

Arthur

Hi will send you a message to your direct email. Have a good labour day weekend.

Barry.

Hi Gary,

My partner and I look forward to meeting you, Barry and Ewan seem like a blast so I am sure we will all have a great time. It is going to be alot of fun... it seemed like it was so far away just a few months ago when we booked and now its like it is tomorrow! We are so not prepared but its vacation so who cares!! YAHOO!!

Cheers,

Arthur & Jeff

Hi and welcome. Myself and Ewan booked this cruise 1 year ago on the same ship. We both love this ship. We are both so looking forward to this trip. Only 2 more weeks for us, we are flying out on the 28th sept to LAX. So will be a relaxing 3 week vacation for us. We need it work has been so hectic.

Looking forward to meeting you Gary, will not be long now.

Barry and Ewan.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived