Transfer to Southampton

Thisismarky

All the car services are pretty competitive and reliable. But here is a post from another site that I found interesting and one we will use when next in the UK;

You will be much better off financially if you use a company from the Southampton area rather than London.

For a basic saloon/sedan car a fare price is 140 GBP or less from a London hotel to Southampton, 100 GBP or less from Heathrow..

Try West Quay Cars from Southampton and Smith's from Portsmouth who are large well trusted companise with their own fleets of cars.

Two companies I have used with success are Central Chauffeur and Addison Lee.

Never used Addison Lee for long distance, but I use them all the time for local trips around London. You must prebook, but if you are staying in London it is well worth downloading their smartphone app as the call centre can get busy. The cars are always good sized Ford or VW people movers, and generally cleaner, and definitely cheaper (25-50% depending on the journey) than the traditional black cab. You can pay by card via the app, but you will pay a surcharge, and the drivers do earn more from a cash booking.

http://www.addlee.com

Archived