Enchantment of the Seas Questions (35 days!)

Ok so I am taking my yearly Bahamas cruise in November, but this year on the Enchantment of the Seas. I have a few questions, just regarding some simple information, so we can plan accordingly. If you can't answer all, just answer what you can.

1) I heard that for most of the cruise the bungee trampolines are closed, due to wind. If it is open for me, is there a fee?

2) Is the spa worth it?

3) What time can you begin to board?

4) Is the extra fee dining worth the pay?

5) After our Eco Tour and Snorkel Expedition is over on CoCo Cay, should we go sit on Barefoot Beach?

6) What time did your stateroom open on your cruise? (Just to get an average)

7) Are any franchise restaurants (Johnny Rockets, Starbucks, etc) on the Enchantment? If so, which ones?

That is pretty much it. Thanks for your help. If you have any extra information that you would like to share, feel free to do so. Thank you.

Ok so I am taking my yearly Bahamas cruise in November, but this year on the Enchantment of the Seas. I have a few questions, just regarding some simple information, so we can plan accordingly. If you can't answer all, just answer what you can.

1) I heard that for most of the cruise the bungee trampolines are closed, due to wind. If it is open for me, is there a fee? They were always closed when I went. no charge if open.

2) Is the spa worth it? That's subjective. It's more expensive than land-based spas and be sure to tell them before you start that you don't want your time spent listening to a sales pitch at the end.

3) What time can you begin to board? Usually 11:45a-or later. Depends on the debarking of last week's sailing.

4) Is the extra fee dining worth the pay? I like Chops and Portofino. The specialty restaurants have better quality ingredients.

5) After our Eco Tour and Snorkel Expedition is over on CoCo Cay, should we go sit on Barefoot Beach? don't know about this one.

6) What time did your stateroom open on your cruise? (Just to get an average) 1pm

7) Are any franchise restaurants (Johnny Rockets, Starbucks, etc) on the Enchantment? If so, which ones? I think there was a Johnny Rockets (it's been a while and we don't like JR food) no starbucks

That is pretty much it. Thanks for your help. If you have any extra information that you would like to share, feel free to do so. Thank you.

Have a great time. Enchantment is a beautiful ship with a delightful crew.

Mr. Banana: Lori's responses are in black. Mine are in red.

1) I heard that for most of the cruise the bungee trampolines are closed, due to wind. If it is open for me, is there a fee? They were always closed when I went. no charge if open.Yes, they close them when it is windy. But they are a BLAST. Just be sure to wear "real" clothes - no wet bathing suits. And real shoes. Absolutely no charge.

2) Is the spa worth it? That's subjective. It's more expensive than land-based spas and be sure to tell them before you start that you don't want your time spent listening to a sales pitch at the end.There are specials when the ship is in port. They will also advertise combo packages that can be a VERY good deal, if those are services that you like.

3) What time can you begin to board? Usually 11:45a-or later. Depends on the debarking of last week's sailing.10:45 to 11 is usual.

4) Is the extra fee dining worth the pay? I like Chops and Portofino. The specialty restaurants have better quality ingredients.

Enchantment only has Chops as an extra-cost specialty restaurant. It is very good with excellent service.

5) After our Eco Tour and Snorkel Expedition is over on CoCo Cay, should we go sit on Barefoot Beach? don't know about this one.Barefoot Beach is at Labadee. Go relax any place at all. LOVE the hammocks; you can also lounge on a chaise in the sun.

6) What time did your stateroom open on your cruise? (Just to get an average) 1pmYes. Occasionally there is a delay, but 1 is the standard time.

7) Are any franchise restaurants (Johnny Rockets, Starbucks, etc) on the Enchantment? If so, which ones? I think there was a Johnny Rockets (it's been a while and we don't like JR food) no starbucksNo Johnny Rockets or Starbucks. There is a very nice counter, Lattetudes, for coffee and cakes/cookies. It is next to a nice ice cream counter. ;)

Have a great time. Enchantment is a beautiful ship with a delightful crew.

Just got off the Enchantment yesterday. The Lattitudes coffee spot serves Starbucks coffee. There is a Ben and Jerry's and Chops at this time. The ship is going into dry dock and we were told that they plan to convert a conference center space into other specialty restaurant venue. We were told that they are talking about an Italian offering or Johnny Rockets.

We were on the Enchantment May 25 to Bermuda. We boarded at 11:30am. Baltimore is a very easy port for embarking and debarking.

Really loved the ship.:) The spa is great. I had a swedish message.

Too bad they could not keep it in Baltimore and put the Grandeur in Port Canaveral. Never understood that.

Just got off the Enchantment yesterday. The Lattitudes coffee spot serves Starbucks coffee. There is a Ben and Jerry's and Chops at this time. The ship is going into dry dock and we were told that they plan to convert a conference center space into other specialty restaurant venue. We were told that they are talking about an Italian offering or Johnny Rockets.

Interesting. Their announcement says:

ENCHANTMENT of the SEAS®

Outdoor movie screen

R Bar

Park Café

Digital Signage

Pervasive Wi-Fi

Flat-screen TVs

Concierge Club

Diamond Club

Nursery

And th-th-th-th-that's all, folks!

We were on the Enchantment May 25 to Bermuda. We boarded at 11:30am. Baltimore is a very easy port for embarking and debarking.

Really loved the ship.:) The spa is great. I had a swedish message.

Too bad they could not keep it in Baltimore and put the Grandeur in Port Canaveral. Never understood that.

Grandeur has:

Outdoor movie screen

Centrum aerial entertainment

R Bar

Viking Crown Lounge Nightclub

Park Café

Chef’s Table

Chops Grille

Giovanni’s Table

Izumi Asian Cuisine

Digital Signage

Pervasive Wi-Fi

Flat-screen TVs

New staterooms

Updated staterooms

New Family Suite

Concierge Club

Diamond Club

Nursery

1) I heard that for most of the cruise the bungee trampolines are closed, due to wind. If it is open for me, is there a fee?

2) Is the spa worth it?

3) What time can you begin to board?

4) Is the extra fee dining worth the pay?

5) After our Eco Tour and Snorkel Expedition is over on CoCo Cay, should we go sit on Barefoot Beach?

6) What time did your stateroom open on your cruise? (Just to get an average)

7) Are any franchise restaurants (Johnny Rockets, Starbucks, etc) on the Enchantment? If so, which ones?

1: nope no fee but the hours are limited( and yes, a few times when DH went to partake it was shut down due to wind)

2: meh.. subjective. since there is no sauna( unless they are putting one in during the refurb) DH never used it like he would have normally. I have long given up paying the prices so unless I get offered a sweet deal on a massage, I don't bother any more.

3: Baltimore tends to start fairly early.. we were on board before noon(suite)

4: My personal opinion: not more than once. it was fine, and we do not regret eating at Chops but will not do so again

5: entirely at your discretion.

6: they made the announcement by 1330 on our last one.

7: there is a Starbucks kiosk. after the refurb in December she is getting more I think.

The Solarium has LIMITED options for lunch.. a plain Jane salad bar. HOWEVER, if the WJ is too crowded( and frankly, it will be) embarkation day, you can snag a burger or dog with a huge fixin's bar if you are okay with such a small choice. the cookies were pretty darn tasty though. DH had his dog with sauerkraut and was quite the happy camper.

If you have access to the Concierge Lounge, Reyno is great. very personable and Frank the bartender in there for cocktail hour is vey generous.

Archived