Just returned from Empress

Just a quick note to those interested. I just returned from a 4 day Empress of the Seas cruise yesterday. Went to Key West and Cozumel. Everything went well. The process of boarding and leaving were so smooth it was incredible. The ship was small but I was prepared because I had read about it on this page. I went horseback riding in Cozumel and I highly recommend it. It was very fun! The only complaint I have is they seem to be charging "extra" for alot of stuff now.... the rock climbing, the coffee shop, ice cream, video games. Also, the pictures are really expensive. I would buy them ALL if they were a little more reasonable!!. Any questions just ask!

We're doing this cruise on July 28, did you feel that you had enough time in Key West and did you dock in Cozumel and what time were you able to get off the ship? (I've read that since alot of cruise ships could be in port that it's possible you may have to tender instead of docking). Would you recommend the cruise? Thanks so much. :)

I felt we had enough time in Key West. I have been there before. I personally don't think Key West is that exciting, besides shopping and drinking, not sure what else to do there. We actually got to Cozumel an hour earlier than scheduled. We had plenty of time to go horseback riding, eat at Carlos and Charlies and go out for a few more drinks after that! I would recommend the cruise based on the price. It is inexpensive. You just need to be prepared for the smaller ship/rooms. Not alot of sports on board... no basketball, no indoor pool..

Thanks Cruiserfan,

We'll definately be prepared for the smaller cabins and ship since our only cruise experience to compare it to was our recent trip on the Sovereign in an inside cabin, oh well we only need to sleep and shower in there. ;)

Hi Cruiserfan,

We are scheduled to leave this Saturday on the Empress to Key West and Grand Cayman. How was the food in the dining room and the Windjammer??? Also were the shows good??? Any tips that you can give would be appreciated...;) Thanks, Jill:cool:

The formal night was the second night... only 1 and no lobster. That was a little dissappointing.... I thought the food was all good! The windjammer is good if you remember that it is a buffett.... not going to be 5 star quality!

Archived