Hotel needed in Vancouver canada

Hi all

I am looking for a hotel in Vancouver BC for the night before our cruise. Any suggestions? I would love one on the water but at a reasonable price if that's possible.

Any help is appreciated

Jenny

There are so many to choose from in Vancouver. For the best price, I would recommend bidding on something like Priceline, or using something like Hotwire, which will get you a better hotel for less money, but you don't know which one until the deal is done. All you really want to ensure is that you book in the 'downtown' area; which is close to everything, and the cruise terminal.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi all

I am looking for a hotel in Vancouver BC for the night before our cruise. Any suggestions? I would love one on the water but at a reasonable price if that's possible.

Any help is appreciated

Jenny

If you can afford it (or can get a good deal), the Pan Pacific or the Fairmont Waterfront are the best pre-cruise hotels, because they are right there at Canada Place. I know the QuickShuttle will also go directly from Sea-Tac to the Pan Pacific--you would have to ask about the Fairmont Waterfront; I'm not sure.

If you are coming in from Sea-Tac, another good (and usually cheaper) option is the Westin Bayshore, because you can take the QuickShuttle directly from Sea-Tac to your hotel, and it's only about a mile away from the terminal, so it's a cheap cab ride.

If you're looking for more of an adventure in your travel, stay in Richmond, BC near the airport (I like the Four Points Sheraton there). While the QuickShuttle won't go to the Four Points, it will drop you off at YVR and the hotel has a shuttle from there. Richmond has the beautiful, free, and little-known International Buddhist Temple Gardens--incredible, but please be respectful of the grounds and the photography rules. This is a place of worship. The Four Points is across the street from a mall (which also has a provincial liquor store), so if need any last minute cruising supplies, they are easily picked up.

It's also across the street from the SkyTrain Canada Line, so it's easy to get into Vancouver proper, even if you don't want to drive. The area's pretty decent for wheelchairs, as well--I get around okay.

Richmond, BC is more or less a little Hong Kong. Most of the signage is in Chinese and English, and the Chinese restaurants are very authentic--you can find everything from incredible Dim Sum (if you've had it in San Francisco, you haven't had real Dim Sum until you've had it in Richmond) to delicacies that might strain the Western palate--sea cucumber and pickled jellyfish, for example.

You'll pay more for a cab from this area to the port, but cabs are plentiful and you should have no trouble. Often, the prices on hotels are so much lower that even with the taxi it's not a bad deal.

• 2 months later...

Archived