Bioluminescent Bay Tour

millermadness

Go to the following link and scroll down a little bit: http://www.eastwindcats.com/pages/po...xcursion1.html

This trip allows you to swim in the bay. You take a boat and not a kayak!

We are going Saturday night. They are picking us up at our hotel. It is $109 + tax and $20 for transportation but well worth it. Look it up on YouTube. It looks amazing and everything that I have read about it people say its a once in a lifetime excursion. I just booked on Friday and they said they had plenty of room.

Go to the following link and scroll down a little bit: http://www.eastwindcats.com/pages/po...xcursion1.html

We are going Saturday night. They are picking us up at our hotel. It is $109 + tax and $20 for transportation but well worth it. Look it up on YouTube. It looks amazing and everything that I have read about it people say its a once in a lifetime excursion. I just booked on Friday and they said they had plenty of room.

I have always wanted to do this. I plan to get to San Juan the day before my cruise just so I can!!

We are going Saturday night. They are picking us up at our hotel. It is $109 + tax and $20 for transportation but well worth it. Look it up on YouTube. It looks amazing and everything that I have read about it people say its a once in a lifetime excursion. I just booked on Friday and they said they had plenty of room.[/quo

Will be doing this tour 22th of Jan. But have to wait until Dec to book:eek:. Make sure you check the moon phase close to a full moon it's a no go Made the mistake on our 1st try.

Paul

180 days to cruise

• 4 weeks later...

We are going Saturday night. They are picking us up at our hotel. It is $109 + tax and $20 for transportation but well worth it. Look it up on YouTube. It looks amazing and everything that I have read about it people say its a once in a lifetime excursion. I just booked on Friday and they said they had plenty of room.[/quo

Will be doing this tour 22th of Jan. But have to wait until Dec to book:eek:. Make sure you check the moon phase close to a full moon it's a no go Made the mistake on our 1st try.

Paul

180 days to cruise

Looks like you may be on the same cruise we are, I am also interested in bio bay. Do you know how far the travel time from old san juan is? We will have a car, so I am considering driving our selves. Thanks for any help :)

Paul

180 days to cruise

LOL actually you are on my next cruise, anyway that link will not open for me can you tell me what you searched on you tube? Thanks again

mhumason; Do not know what happen on this thread but when we plan to go on this tour we will be a post cruise Our cruise ends on the 22nd This will be our third attempt. The 1st we din not take the moon into account:rolleyes: The 2nd had a storm going on and no boats going out. This time booking for the 22nd with the 23 as backup.

Try eastwindscat.com then look in the Power catamaran excursions.

Also check out puertoricodaytrips.com Swim with the stars in the Vieques Biobay without staying the night. this write up gives good info of how to get there by car, what you will be going thru and what to bring

Trip advisor also some info on the Bio Bay tour

Paul

I have some bad news for people that are planning on going to the Vieques BioBay to swim.....yesterday, someone was bitten by a shark while swimming there. So currently, there is a ban on swimming in all biobays. This may change, but it sounds like it won't.

This bay is the brightest and the glow you can see is really amazing, so it is still a natural wonder to see, even without swimming.

I will keep you posted.

Rainforest girl , So sad , I hope they are going to be ok ! I was just talking to Air Sunshine today about our rt flight from SJ this Feb . Guess I'll hold off . Thanks for the information ! I'll say some prayers !!!

I have some bad news for people that are planning on going to the Vieques BioBay to swim.....yesterday, someone was bitten by a shark while swimming there. So currently, there is a ban on swimming in all biobays. This may change, but it sounds like it won't.

This bay is the brightest and the glow you can see is really amazing, so it is still a natural wonder to see, even without swimming.

I will keep you posted.

Saw this in the Atlanta paper yesterday. Sure hate it for the lady and for what looks like such a neat tour as it probably will affect business.

rainforestgirl; Thanks for the info on the shark attack and the follow up on her injuries.

Plan to do the tour in Jan. Hoping that they will have the swimming part back. One attack in 80 years I can live with that. Was raise on the Cal. coast and spent the 1st 20 years in the ocean surfing, snorkeling,diving and swimming. Have been around sharks most of the time and an attack like this was a mistake by the shark thinking that the lady was something else.

Am wondering how many sharks are there on a daily basis;)

Hope things will get back to nomal at the Bio Bay.

Paul

If you are going on the island, I recommend not to take Pure Adventure. Try to find another group to go with. I was there a month ago and it was pretty bad. About 17 kayaks with two guides. People ramming each other the whole time. I looked at other groups coming back and there were about 7 kayaks all in a row and I wanted to turn around. Talking to the people with me, I think they felt the same way.

If you are going on the island, I recommend not to take Pure Adventure. Try to find another group to go with. I was there a month ago and it was pretty bad. About 17 kayaks with two guides. People ramming each other the whole time. I looked at other groups coming back and there were about 7 kayaks all in a row and I wanted to turn around. Talking to the people with me, I think they felt the same way.

Hmmm, just booked them. I may have to do somemore research!

Archived